Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did Trump campaign rough up another Journalist?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM
KK
  • 15 Replies

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/03/transcript-corey-lewandowski-breitbart-reporter-attack-220589

Exclusive: Audio and transcript of Breitbart reporter allegedly being roughed up by Trump campaign manager

Donald Trump's spokesperson flatly denied on Thursday that campaign manager Corey Lewandowski roughed up a reporter for the conservative website Breitbart, and suggested she was fabricating the incident in a desperate bid for attention.

A roughly two and a half minute audio recording of the incident obtained by POLITICO — while not definitive — supports the reporter's version of the events, which were witnessed by Washington Post reporter Ben Terris.

A transcript of the alleged altercation between the reporter, Michelle Fields, and Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, follows below, along with her conversation with Terris:

Din of people talking, clanking of glasses, snippets of conversation, reporters telling one another to 'move up a little', greeting each other, saying 'good to see you' saying 'OK good quote then', then clearly action picks up as cameras start clicking.

Fields: “Mr. Trump, you went after the late Scalia for affirmative action, do you -- are you still against affirmative action?"

Voice (allegedly Corey Lewandowski): “Excuse me, thank you.”

A few moments later (noise of the room can be heard)...

Terris: “You OK?"

Fields: “Holy sh*t."

Terris: “Yea he just threw you down."

Fields: “I can’t believe he just did that that was so hard. Was that Corey?"

Terris: “Yeah, like, what threat were you?"

Fields: "That was insane. You should have felt how hard he grabbed me. That's insane. I’ve never had anyone do that to me from a campaign."

Terris: “Can I put that in my story?"

Fields: “Yeah, go for it — that was really awful. That’s so unprofessional.”

Terris: “He really just almost threw you down on the ground."

Fields: “He literally went like this and was grabbing me down. "I don’t even want to do what he just did to meOh my God, that really spooked me that someone would do that."

Terris: “What threat were you?"

Fields: “Nothing. I was asking about affirmative action."

Terris: “And he probably knows you, right?"

Fields: “Yeah, I don’t understand. That looks horrible. You’re going after a Breitbart reporter, the people who are nicest to you?"

Terris: “I know, I’m going to put it in my story."

The two stop talking. Din/noise of people talking, glasses clinking continue through end of the recording.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/03/transcript-corey-lewandowski-breitbart-reporter-attack-220589#ixzz42ZImJEVE 
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:07 AM

I've seen a lot of indignation over the response, or lack of it, from Breitbart.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Donald Trump accuses reporter in assault row of 'making the story up'

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/11/donald-trump-reporter-assault-michelle-fields-corey-lewandowski

Donald Trump has accused a reporter who says she was “aggressively” nearly pulled to the ground by his campaign manager of making it up.

In a sign of intensifying frostiness between the Trump campaign and the media, the Republican frontrunner insisted on Thursday that secret service agents had disputed that the incident had taken place.

“They said nothing happened; everybody said nothing happened. Perhaps she made the story up. I think that’s what happened.”

The man accused of grabbing Fields’ arm, campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, also chimed in, labelling the reporter “an attention seeker” and tweeting her directly to call her “totally delusional”.

“I never touched you,” he wrote. “As a matter of fact, I have never even met you.”

Fields, a reporter for right-wing news site Breitbart, earlier gave her version of the incident, which took place on Tuesday evening at the Trump national golf club in Jupiter, Florida, ahead of next week’s primary in the state. She had approached Trump to ask him about affirmative action, Fields wrote.

"Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards. Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.

“The Washington Post’s Ben Terris immediately remarked that it was Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who aggressively tried to pull me to the ground. I quickly turned around and saw Lewandowski and Trump exiting the building together. No apology. No explanation for why he did this.”

Terris, writing in the Washington Post, confirmed this account: “Michelle Fields, a young reporter for Trump-friendly Breitbart News, pressed forward to ask the Republican frontrunner a question.

“I watched as a man with short-cropped hair and a suit grabbed her arm and yanked her out of the way. He was Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s 41-year-old campaign manager.

“Fields stumbled. Finger-shaped bruises formed on her arm.”

Fields tweeted a photo that appeared to show the bruises on her forearm. In an interview with ABC News, she said she had not intended to make the image public “until he came out and basically called me a liar”.

LGAll65
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Breitbart reporters wouldn't lie , would they ?
Trumps campaign gets cruder and more low down and dirty every day .
But that seems to appeal to some of his followers .
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

LMAO since when do the Libs of this group believe anything Breitbart says?!?

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM

HAHA, And one of their own also!!

This is hilarious... It's exactly what I pictured happening at the WBC member meetings...

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting VooDooB:

Lol it's more about being right...

We've been telling you that Trump is a jackass for a while now... Then the news organization so hell bent on spreading propaganda for the jackass... Realizes he's an jackass.

Dream come true lol ...   ;)

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

The article isn't from Breitbart, and there were witnesses from more reputable sources.  

Breitbart is actually not supporting their journalist, which is pretty much what I expect from most of the bottom feeders that write and read that source.  

Quoting VooDooB:

Schauseil
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM
There are plenty of people in my life that I wouldn't believe a single thing they sayout of the time. But I know they wouldn't make false accusations of physical assault. I think many ppl feel the same way about Breitbart.

Quoting VooDooB:

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Breitbart isn't reporting on it. This his from Politico. Seems that Breitbart is being a typing conservative rag and ignoring what happened to their journalist. Hopefully she gets some sense and goes elsewhere so she can become a real journalist.

Quoting VooDooB:

momtimesx4
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Seems a reporter from the Washington Post was a witness as well.

I'm waiting for a fight to break out at one of the rallies, doesn't even need to be a Trump rally.  But I want to see a real fight, like when 2 hockey players are duking it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)