Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military base daycares no longer need to be state licensed?..

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:05 AM
  • 0 Replies

Good morning everyone. Since Sonny's death we have always been advocates for childcare concern and awareness. We did a follow up news story 3 years after his death to see if Ft. Bragg truly kept their word and made changes and or enforced their standards which they believe are higher than any state standard. Yesterday in my depression state I started to google and look up the inspection results of the Ft. Bragg daycares.

To my surprise, they are no longer shown and here's the reply from the state: Ms. Degenhard, Your email regarding Department of Defense (DoD) military child care programs was forwarded from the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education to the Regulatory Services Section to respond. As of January 1, 2016, DoD child care programs are exempt from licensure. Therefore, they are not listed on the Division of Child Development and Early Education website on the “Search for Child Care” page. They are monitored by the Department of Defense. If you have additional questions regarding the DoD child care programs, you may want to contact the program directly or contact Fort Bragg and ask for Youth and Children’s Services at 910-396-0124. Thank you for contacting the Division. If you have additional questions, you may contact me by email at laura.hewitt@dhhs.nc.gov or by telephone at 919-527-6648. Laura Hewitt 

obviously the military doesnt want to show the truth of failed inspections, short comings and or outdated training. I have always said to my husband, "when you are exposing the Government or going against any large organization... The outcome will always be in favor of what's best for the organization, not the person." Yet, the Military will always make you believe otherwise. Families, especially dependants are not first! Children are not a priority in no way shape or form- this we learned first hand. My anger Will now be focused on writing to different Senators and to keep fighting so that NO other family or parents have to live without their child due to neglectful and complacent daycare workers.

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)