• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#SandersOnAPlane

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

Bernie Sanders flies coach. He respects the money you give him enough to spend it wisely. This more than anything shows he is just an ordinary guy that anyone can relate to.

Let's spread as many images as we can find of him flying coach, with the hashtag #SandersOnAPlane

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:26 PM

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:31 PM
5 moms liked this

My daughter and I were at his rally on Sunday.

To see so many youth there, waiting for hours just to hear him speak.....speaking with many of them, speaking with people of all ages, seeing it all through the eyes of my 16 year old daughter.......it was most certainly an rich experience not soon to be forgotten.

This does not surprise me in the least.  Good for Bernie!

I have to add this photo of my daughter and I from Sunday.............

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:33 PM

the problem isn't his ability to get the youth out to hear him speak, it's getting them to actually vote.   

Quoting FromAtoZ:

To see so many youth there, waiting for hours just to hear him speak.....speaking with many of them, speaking with people of all ages, seeing it all through the eyes of my 16 year old daughter.......it was most certainly an rich experience not soon to be forgotten.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

the problem isn't his ability to get the youth out to hear him speak, it's getting them to actually vote.   

Quoting FromAtoZ:

It isn't just our youth that need to vote, however.  Everyone that was at this rally, those of age, should be out there voting.  Why any individual chooses not to when they apparently feel so strongly about something, baffles my mind.

The college students and young professionals I spoke with were very active in their communities, their college campuses, in an effort to bring more support, and more votes, for Senator Sanders.  

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:37 PM
A lot of senators and house members fly coach.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

It isn't just our youth that need to vote, however.  Everyone that was at this rally, those of age, should be out there voting.  Why any individual chooses not to when they apparently feel so strongly about something, baffles my mind.

The college students and young professionals I spoke with were very active in their communities, their college campuses, in an effort to bring more support, and more votes, for Senator Sanders.  

yes, but it's the youth that aren't voting and that is his primary demographic.  He isn't getting the level of support he needs to win from the people that actually do vote.  

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:40 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bernie-sanders-taking-rides-private-planes/story?id=36033253

This holiday season, Sanders changed his routine and flew almost exclusively on private chartered planes with members of his traveling staff -- taking at least four trips.

Most recently, the campaign confirmed, a Gulfstream 200, took the Senator and some staff from Burlington, Vermont two days after Christmas and then from Las Vegas, Nevada to Moline, Illinois for campaign events in eastern Iowa this week.

Days before the holiday, a private jet whisked the team from Omaha, Nebraska to Chicago, Illinois in order to fit more campaign events into this tight schedule.

-----

Personally this isn't an issue that I would get worked up over.  I don't think it's necessary for them to fly coach or even commercial.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

yes, but it's the youth that aren't voting and that is his primary demographic.  He isn't getting the level of support he needs to win from the people that actually do vote.  

I agree with you, to an extent.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)