Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should she have been charged with assault?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:01 PM
  • 35 Replies

This is a woman known as "Preacher Lady" around my campus.  She comes almost every Spring and Fall semester to preach about the sin of homosexuality, premarital sex and basically everything else that typically happens on a college campus.  

This video is 2 years old (I know that makes is seriously old here), however this isn't the last time that she put hands on a student.  She was back again for the Fall 2015 semester.  The school didn't press charges.  I am not sure of their reasoning.  

You can basically see her up on the little pillar outside of our library with her Bible open while two students are making out beside her.  Their way of protesting I guess (silly IMO).  She then leans over and hits the male student.  

I am curious, should this constitute assault?  Do you think that the university is wrong in letting her return after this was caught on camera?

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:02 PM
Yes.
VooDooB
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:04 PM

Why do they have to invade her space during her free speech?

VooDooB
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:05 PM

I saw another video where a girl stripped down in front of her.

UVM students apparently need to grow the fuck up.

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:05 PM

They are not stopping her in anyway shape or form from speaking.  They simply were taking up space next to her on a rock that many of us share when the weather is nice.

Quoting VooDooB:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Because they also have a right to be there. Her "free speech" protects her from the government not citizens kissing.

Quoting VooDooB:

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Meh, here in the state of vermont you have the right to walk around naked if you want.  That is why the school can have the naked bike ride every year.  It's their form of protest.  

I plan on protesting the next preacher to come to UVM.  I hate that they can spread such vile hatred and bigotry.  So they can have their free speech and I will have mine. 

Quoting VooDooB:

I saw another video where a girl stripped down in front of her.

UVM students apparently need to grow the fuck up.

VooDooB
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Yeah I saw the video. They were on the rock rubbing against each other, right at her feet. Real mature.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

They are not stopping her in anyway shape or form from speaking.  They simply were taking up space next to her on a rock that many of us share when the weather is nice.

Quoting VooDooB:

( You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them. )

You are done here. 

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM

They are freshmen.  That age group typically isn't all that mature to begin with lol.  

They had a right to be there, just as she did until she hit one of them.

Quoting VooDooB:

Yeah I saw the video. They were on the rock rubbing against each other, right at her feet. Real mature.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Quoting VooDooB:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Immaturity isn't illegal.

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Quoting VooDooB:

nononenever
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM
Yes. She clearly intended violence.

Interesting that her god is okay with hitting people but not kissing. Not a very affectionate god.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)