Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Two people confirmed dead at Lackland AFB

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:04 AM
  • 4 Replies
UPDATE at 9:53a.m.:SAN ANTONIO - Officers with the San Antonio Police Department and the Bexar County Sheriff's Office said two people were killed in what appeared to be a murder suicide at Lackland Air Force Base on Friday morning.

According BCSO spokesperson James Keith, the bodies of two people were found inside a building, known as 147, in the Medina Annex.

Officers were first called to the area at about 8:45am for reports of an active-shooter situation.

The base was placed on lockdown and people who were apparently on base at the time said they were taking classes when they were told they were under a lockdown.

As officers cleared the buildings, they found the bodies, but said they continued to clear other buildings. See previous updates below.

UPDATE at 9:46am: Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokesperson James Keith says this situation appears to be a murder-suicide.

UPDATE at 9:42am: Officers confirm two people killed at Lackland Air Force Base, according to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office.

UPDATE at 9:30 a.m.: The Bexar County Sheriff's Office reports victims at Lackland Air Force Base. The number of victims and their conditions were not immediately known.

UPDATE: The Bexar County Sheriff's Office said deputies were clearing buildings at 9:15 a.m.

UPDATE: We have received reports the area was placed on lockdown. We'll continue to update as we get information.

____

SAN ANTONIO (WOAI/KABB) - Emergency crews were called to Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland for reports of a shooting.

The calls first to police were made about 8:45 a.m.

Officers with the San Antonio Police Department were handling the incident, along with Port of San Antonio officers.

Initial reports were unclear, but an officer said the shooting happened at an area known as the Medina Annex and someone may have been shot.

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office is also heading to the area and described the situation as an active shooter.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/report-incident-at-lackland-air-force-base
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Was this a domestic?
broboxer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM
The last report I saw it was an airman that shot his commander, but I don't know much else.

Quoting LauraKW: Was this a domestic?
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM
The article doesn't indicate any relationship. Very sad no matter what. Not far from me really.

Quoting broboxer: The last report I saw it was an airman that shot his commander, but I don't know much else.

Quoting LauraKW: Was this a domestic?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)