Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Like a boss...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:49 PM
  • 15 Replies
4 moms liked this
As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LGAll65
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Cool !
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Bruuuuuuuucccccceeeeee

There are no words for how much I love this man.  I was in the audience the night they recorded "Jersey Girl" for his double live set.  I once clapped so hard and so long during one of his four hour concerts that my finger swelled and I had to have my wedding ring cut off lol.

Bruuuuuuucccccceeeeee

pdxmum
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 2:14 AM
my one and only Bruce show was at the Garden in the very last row. Still amazing.

Quoting romalove:

Bruuuuuuuucccccceeeeee

There are no words for how much I love this man.  I was in the audience the night they recorded "Jersey Girl" for his double live set.  I once clapped so hard and so long during one of his four hour concerts that my finger swelled and I had to have my wedding ring cut off lol.

Bruuuuuuucccccceeeeee

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 9, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Quoting pdxmum: my one and only Bruce show was at the Garden in the very last row. Still amazing.
Quoting romalove:

Bruuuuuuuucccccceeeeee

Bruuuuuuucccccceeeeee

I've seen him at the Garden, but also many times at the Meadowlands.  I'm a Jersey Girl.  My mother's cousins grew up in Freehold and he used to come and play at the pool club there when they were teens, they are his contemporaries.  

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this
That's one of my Bruce favorites! Being a Philly girl who spent summers "at the shore", I'm a Jersey girl at heart. My license plate says so!

Quoting romalove:

Bruuuuuuuucccccceeeeee

Bruuuuuuucccccceeeeee

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
That's awesome. More need to do this right now.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a Long Island girl!  My college roommate grew up in his stomping grounds though.  She knew every word to every song.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting pdxmum: my one and only Bruce show was at the Garden in the very last row. Still amazing.
Quoting romalove:

Bruuuuuuuucccccceeeeee

Bruuuuuuucccccceeeeee

I've seen him at the Garden, but also many times at the Meadowlands.  I'm a Jersey Girl.  My mother's cousins grew up in Freehold and he used to come and play at the pool club there when they were teens, they are his contemporaries.  

PamR
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Bruce is the boss.  More reason to love him.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Baby, we where born to run .... Now I get it
NYmama96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Love him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)