Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: does this ever happen to you.

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM
  • 13 Replies
Just because it made me laugh so hard... I thought I would ask this here.

While having a txt conversation with my silly, crazy, so not pc cousin, I sent a quick txt to the guy who does my yard work for a house in another state.

Well, he answered my question and without looking at name I responded.. Thinking it was cousin answering what I asked her.

What it all boiled down to... My yard guy thought I was asking him to go to Europe with me for 3 weeks this summer and he will be getting his passport soon and he would think about it.

Oh my word!!! I laughed so hard... Was mortified... (He's married and much younger than I)

I know he was shocked and just trying to be nice!

I needed that laugh... But sometimes I make that mistake, not looking at sender name, and royally screw up!

Does that ever happen to you?
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I was trying to send a heads up to a coworker that the boss was headed to his location. I sent the heads up to the boss. That was an awkward one to explain.
Susan1360
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM
That's funny!

Quoting LauraKW: I was trying to send a heads up to a coworker that the boss was headed to his location. I sent the heads up to the boss. That was an awkward one to explain.
mcginnisc
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:25 PM

I did that the other day and I was dying laughing. 

I was in Florida at my mom's house. My mom had gone to work ( pool monitor) and I had taken the girls to the store looking for some jeans as I forgot to take some for horseback riding lessons in 50 degree weather. She texted me and asked me if I found some and if they fit. I texted her yes and I'd be there in 5 minutes to the pool. Well, apparently, I texted Dh instead. He asked me if I was sure I could drive that fast. I was cracking up when I realized that I was texting him instead of mom. We had a hilarious text conversation for a good 10 minutes after that oops. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Susan1360
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Lol. Nice that you and your dh got a laugh!

At least you texted someone who knew you made a mistake. I always get the people who think I am serious, and crazy!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I did that the other day and I was dying laughing. 

I was in Florida at my mom's house. My mom had gone to work ( pool monitor) and I had taken the girls to the store looking for some jeans as I forgot to take some for horseback riding lessons in 50 degree weather. She texted me and asked me if I found some and if they fit. I texted her yes and I'd be there in 5 minutes to the pool. Well, apparently, I texted Dh instead. He asked me if I was sure I could drive that fast. I was cracking up when I realized that I was texting him instead of mom. We had a hilarious text conversation for a good 10 minutes after that oops. 

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:26 PM

I once got a text from one of the girls who does parties for me complaining about me to another party host.  She was texting us both and didn't realize she screwed up.

Ahhh, technology.....

Susan1360
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Lol! That's bad! Did she ever find out?

At least I wasn't being rude.. Just propositioning my yard man!

Quoting romalove:

I once got a text from one of the girls who does parties for me complaining about me to another party host.  She was texting us both and didn't realize she screwed up.

Ahhh, technology.....

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Quoting Susan1360: Lol! That's bad! Did she ever find out? At least I wasn't being rude.. Just propositioning my yard man!
Quoting romalove:

Ahhh, technology.....

I responded "I don't think you meant to send this to me" and she responded with "OMG I'm so sorry, I was talking about X" and said it was about someone else but I know it was me.  I was trying to work something out with her regarding timing for an event and she was telling the other party host that I was being a pain in the ass about the timing.  LOL

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM

I sent my husband a long list of the things I was concerned and didn't appreciate about the real estate agent who we had contracted to help us buy a house. But I sent it to her instead!

Ms.KitKat
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I somehow was included in on a group text; I'm sure the person they really wanted was 1 digit off from my number.

I was invited to a cinco de mayo party; I replied that I did not think I belonged in this group text and they insisted I join them anyway- the more the merrier!

I respectfully declined but wished them all a good time :)

Susan1360
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha! At least she knew she was busted!

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Susan1360: Lol! That's bad! Did she ever find out?

At least I wasn't being rude.. Just propositioning my yard man!

Quoting romalove:

Ahhh, technology.....

I responded "I don't think you meant to send this to me" and she responded with "OMG I'm so sorry, I was talking about X" and said it was about someone else but I know it was me.  I was trying to work something out with her regarding timing for an event and she was telling the other party host that I was being a pain in the ass about the timing.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)