Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Top Ten Comment from NYTimes this week...

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 12:42 AM
  • 22 Replies

This mentality is frightening to me...

2. I’m voting for Trump because he is the best chance we have to destroy the Republican party. He may get to try some crazy stuff for two years. However, he is president, not dictator.

Then, in two years, liberals (I hope a liberal Third Party develops) take over Congress. Then, in four years, we got a generation of liberal control.

Since the media and the Democratic party destroyed Bernie (our real hope for change), the only option left to produce radical change is to vote Trump.

— Jacqueline in Colorado.

by on May. 8, 2016 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyMyOhMy
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

There are stupid people every where.

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Yep, that is truly terrifying. And it won't work. You don't elect a fascist in the hopes of a liberal takeover in 2-4 years. Idiotic.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM
Lots of stupid people though since this comment got the second highest "likes" in the NYTimes.

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

MyMyOhMy
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Especially since that trick never works.

Quoting pdxmum: Lots of stupid people though since this comment got the second highest "likes" in the NYTimes.
Quoting MyMyOhMy:

pdxmum
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:59 AM

They must be too young to remember Nader.  I'm in progressive Portland so I had many a Nader supporter friend.   They said to me, knowing Nader could never win and knowing their vote helped Bush, what harm could he do?

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Quoting pdxmum: Lots of stupid people though since this comment got the second highest "likes" in the NYTimes.
Quoting MyMyOhMy:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 8, 2016 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Just like Nader supporters ultimately voted for Bush, so too will Sanders supporters who refuse to vote for Hillary be voting for Trump.

Quoting pdxmum:

They must be too young to remember Nader.  I'm in progressive Portland so I had many a Nader supporter friend.   They said to me, knowing Nader could never win and knowing their vote helped Bush, what harm could he do?

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Sanders is no different than Trump.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes I really do believed that.  Both candidates take extreme views that appeal to a specific population with no real plan to accomplish any of it.  Both groups of supporters believe so blindly they ignore any negative.  And if Bernie were to be the candidate, there will be plenty of negative we will hear.  He has barely been touched by the press and by the RNC because he is not a threat.  

Perhaps it is just that I like what Bernie says way, way more than what trump says that I want to believe he would be less damaging.

I do think we need change, and at least Bernie is moving the conversation in a direction I appreciate.  But both could cause damage.

Quoting Donna6503: Sanders is no different than Trump.

MyMyOhMy
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM

Yep.

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Momniscient
by Obama licker on May. 8, 2016 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
That's some seriously delusional thinking to justify an entitled and sophomoric attitude.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)