Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What If - Bernie Supporters

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM
KK
  • 41 Replies

Many Sander's supporters have said they will never vote for Clinton if she gets the nomination.  

What if Bernie Sanders is running as her VP?  

http://news10.com/2016/05/07/sanders-considers-being-clintons-vp/

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said Friday he plans to keep fighting for the Democratic nomination all the way to the convention in Philadelphia, but did not slam the door shut on possibly joining Hillary Clinton’s ticket.

Sanders was asked by CNN’s Wolf Blitzer if he would accept a hypothetical offer to be Clinton’s running mate and Sanders said he would talk about it with her after the convention.

“Right now, we are focused on the next five weeks of winning the Democratic nomination. If that does not happen, we are going to fight as hard as we can on the floor of the Democratic convention to make sure that we have a progressive platform that the American people will support,” Sanders said on “The Situation Room.” “Then, after that, certainly Secretary Clinton and I can talk and see where we go from there.”
by on May. 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That was a good answer.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on May. 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM
5 moms liked this

This would probably be the smartest thing Hillary could do for her campaign.  She needs to find a way to unify the party.  The only way to do that is to have Bernie as her VP.

pdxmum
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
It will never happen.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM
He needs to be secretary of labor or some really big domestic position.
PamR
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Would Sanders turn off some Clinton supporters?  Some people consider him too far left.

Honestly, I think he's more useful in the Senate than as VP.

mel4him
by on May. 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I'm not voting for either. I greatly dislike them both.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Hillary needs to pivot to her right; not her left, she needs to come across as someone who is able to work with sensible folks on both sides of the aisle to fix the issues facing the country.

Basically; she doesn't need to work on the ideologists of the party but the independents of the country.
Momniscient
by Obama licker on May. 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Bernie gets it.

I'd like to see it happen just because I think "if my candidate doesn't get the nom, I won't vote" is a terrible
Philosophy.
MyMyOhMy
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM

He's actually only 300ish behind. A good showing in Cali and a couple others and he can still pull it out.

That said a H/B ticket would be a fun show, especially if the RNC dumps Trumpy or if he sells out for an establishment vp.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on May. 8, 2016 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks for the post bump

Quoting mel4him:

I'm not voting for either. I greatly dislike them both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)