Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do trashy people not know they're trashy?

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 6:01 PM
  • 109 Replies
3 moms liked this
Rant ahead:

Seriously, how can people be so trashy and not realize it? Do they know they're trashy and don't care or are they blissfully oblivious? My husband and I are at our community pool and this uber trashy group / family is sitting next to us. They have kids that range from about 8 to probably 13. These people are sitting in the pool smoking - like actually in the water with cigarettes while kids are all around.l them. They're cussing like sailors and lots kids of from toddlers to teens are within earshot. We are the only parents close enough to hear them and our kids already left. I'm just waiting for the huge dad at the other end of the pool to hear this woman drop an f-bomb in front of his little girl. They're drunk - that's not bad if they're walking home, we're drinking at the pool - but we don't have little kids that we aren't watching. I'm about a hair from calling the police and I will if they get in a car.
by on May. 30, 2016 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALynn565
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM

That is awful! Some people are raise trashy, and you can not take it out of them.. I would have to of said something to them like: Look I am not being mean, but there are little kids and other's out here that don't want to hear all of the cussing. Can you please be respectful, and wait til you leave to talk that way.. I would have said something to them, if they continued to cuss and act like hoodlums.. Ugh! That gripes me..

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 6:11 PM
We went to the local amusement park. I curse like a sailor, but not in front of other people's kids, but there were people smoking all around the swimming area, drinking and being obnoxious and then yelling at their kids and being nasty to then.
vab
by on May. 30, 2016 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
They probably think they are the fun family and everyone else is uptight! Seriously! They are oblivious!
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 6:37 PM
https://youtu.be/wf459-JiIcI

Just a little fun
WaterorWine
by Χριστιανός on May. 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Gross. If they're drunk call the police. Isn't it illegal to be drunk in public?
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:31 PM
5 moms liked this
So this is what I will say about having insight about being "trashy". I didn't fully understand that I was being raised trashy until my junior or senior year of high school. And then something one day just clicked in my brain & I realized. Seriously, I got it! I saved my own money & bought nicer clothes, I began modeling my behavior on different, classier friends and my non-trashy extended family, etc. I finally just "got it".

When I was a supervisor I worked with some folk who were trying to break out of poverty, lower class lifestyles and I tried to help them become more "middle class". It is a very difficult transition, to leave one's "trashy" behaviors. And I have tried with some former employees and just couldn't help them no matter how hard I tried. I've tried with friends too. Until someone "gets it" themselves and really wants to change...
Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
At our community pool no smoking or alcohol permitted. If you want to drink and smoke go to the river. I go to the river can't stand pools.
DSamuels
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Some are oblivious and if asked would probably say you are the trashy ones. Some might say "Meh, I've seen worse."

Not everyone thinks cussing is trashy. In fact if it is then a huge majority on CM is trashy.

Some don't see drinking as trashy. I don't, but it can lead to trashy behavior.

I smoked for years. I never thought it was trashy.

Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
One could say thinking you are better than others is pretty trashy.

Quoting DSamuels:

Some are oblivious and if asked would probably say you are the trashy ones. Some might say "Meh, I've seen worse."

Not everyone thinks cussing is trashy. In fact if it is then a huge majority on CM is trashy.

Some don't see drinking as trashy. I don't, but it can lead to trashy behavior.

I smoked for years. I never thought it was trashy.

LGAll65
by on May. 30, 2016 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vab: They probably think they are the fun family and everyone else is uptight! Seriously! They are oblivious!

YAH!  That is how they think! 

People who don't get drunk, don't cuss and behave in a normal way are boring to them.Or "uptight". LOL.

They really do not know that they are trashy and crude,unappealing and yukky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)