Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump Repeatedly Asked National Security Official Why He Wouldn’t Be Able To Use Nukes (VIDEO)

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:50 AM
  • 28 Replies

Trump Repeatedly Asked National Security Official Why He Wouldn’t Be Able To Use Nukes (VIDEO)

Wednesday on Morning Joe, General Mike Hayden may have laid down the singular most terrifying commentary on a possible Trump presidency that has ever been uttered. Not only is Donald Trump erratic and ignorant, but according to Hayden our nuclear launch protocols aren’t in any way set up to stop a president bent on using nukes.

Trump has no foreign policy advisers that are highly respected by, basically, anyone that knows what they are talking about. Worse than that, he is inconsistent. According to Hayden, inconsistent and unpredictable behavior, “frighten your friends and they tempt your enemies.”

In a terrifying recollection, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough recounted the time a high-ranking international security official met with Trump and was stunned when the Republican nominee asked him three separate times why America can’t use nuclear weapons if we “have them.”

Three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked. At one point, ‘If we have them, why can’t we use them?’ That’s one of the reasons he just doesn’t have foreign policy experts around.

Hayden, upon the reminder that Trump has asked three times about nuclear weapons in a single one-hour briefing, tells all of us a chilling truth. Our nuclear launch protocols are designed for decisive action, they are not designed to question a launch order.

The system is designed for speed and decisiveness. It is not designed to debate the decision.

If Donald Trump decides that he has been offended, or that a nuclear launch would make him look powerful in the history books (perhaps edging his tiny little paws out of them) there is no process for sane people to stop the launch. If Trump loses his mind and orders a launch, it will happen, we are not set up to protect ourselves in the case of a megalomaniac leading the country.

[video on link here]

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw this yesterday (apparently on Morning Joe). This should grab the attention of every single one of us.
nb34
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:46 PM

I am speechless. Everyday something scarier and more disturbing is revealed about this guy.

Do people seriously want someone runnign this country who has no idea why we don't use nukes left and right?!

Republicans, just for once contemplate on this for a minute, before rushing to defend him.

dawnharvey68
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Indeed.

Frankly I'm utterly gobsmacked that no one wants to comment on this.

Someone with this power and mentality - well it doesn't bear thinking about.

If the man is so pathologically narcissistic then he could be prone to a Hitler like denouement, choosing to take his country down with him, because it failed him and it wasn't worthy of him.

If this man gets elected, then Obama and co had better devise structures that prevent a lunatic president letting the nukes loose before next January.

There's reports today of Trump giving up the candidacy, but it seems to be chatter from the Republican elite maybe hoping to give him the push.
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:15 PM
Whack-a-doo.
KaleaLani
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:26 PM
4 moms liked this

When I have to imagine his finger being so close to "the button" I can't help but imagine this is what it looks like to him...
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Scary as fucking hell.
Moniker
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Where are the Trump supporters?
nb34
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Hiding, as usual!

Quoting Moniker: Where are the Trump supporters?

LovesBooks07
by Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM

I said from the very beginning if Trump were elected we would be in a huge ass war on our own soil. WW3. I figured it would be his mouth pissing off enemy's AND allies and we would be bombed. But apparently he plans to bomb others and we will then be retaliated against. UGH. I cannot believe people are so stupid and support this. Sadly I live in an area with Republican majority and I know people who support him. You cannot get through to these people. One is a woman, a SAHM with 6 kids, Christian and she supports him on one issue alone that he is anti abortion. That's it, she doesn't care what comes out of his mouth, and she even has a dd buts she supports a sexist man anyway.

denise3680
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly it is not trump that scares me but the people who follow him:/ this man has said one thing after another that would never be tolerated from anyone other presidential candidate or anyone in government but he seems to surge in the polls the crazier his words are. What does that say about his voting base? That is scary:/ I think he went into this thinking I am going to see hair how outrageous I can be and see where this goes:/ honestly I think he is shocked at how far a certain voting block has propelled him too being president of this country:/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)