Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Report: Ryan Lochte, U.S. swimmers 'fabricated' armed robbery story

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM
  • 29 Replies
Ryan Lochte and three of his U.S. Olympic swimming teammates fabricated the story about being robbed at gunpoint that became international news at the Rio de Janeiro Games, according to ABC.

Video shows the U.S. swimmer “breaking down” a bathroom door and “fighting” security at a gas station around the time the robbery allegedly occurred, per ABC News correspondent Matt Gutman.

#BREAKING Brazilian authorities tell @ABC video shows “US swimmer” “breaking down” gas station restroom door “fighting” w/ security guard

— Matt Gutman (@mattgutmanABC) August 18, 2016

#BREAKING Brazil sources: #RyanLochte + 3 swimmers fabricated robbery story. Video shows swimmer “fighting” w/security at gas station @GMA

— Matt Gutman (@mattgutmanABC) August 18, 2016

American swimmers Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger, James Feigen and Lochte claimed to be victims of an alleged armed robbery of their taxi cab en route to the Olympic Village on their way back from a party at the French hospitality house early Sunday morning, according to the U.S. Olympic Committee.

Lochte returned to the U.S. on Monday. However, Brazilian police grew skeptical of the swimmers’ accounts in the days following the alleged robbery, and a judge ordered search and seizure warrants to further question the U.S. swimmers. Conger and Bentz were reportedly removed from their flight home by Brazilian authorities on Wednesday night. Officials believe Feigen also remains in Brazil.

During multiple interviews with NBC’s Today show, Lochte has stood by his original story to police.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-rio-summer-olympics/u-s-olympic-swimmers-weren-t-robbed-fabricated-story-report-n633636
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hopnpop
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Stupid stupid stupid. They should be ashamed

Ms.KitKat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:33 PM

but why the search and seizure order? why police detention? it seems both sides are not telling the whole story.

a court (I seriously do not beleive) would order a search and seizure for filing a false report. and did they actually file a report? or this is just some story the swimmers shared with the media?

so many questions- so little information....

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:41 PM
When the story first broke I thought something sounded a bit off but hoped it was true (not that they were robbed but that they were 't lying/covering it up).

Hearing this is sad but I still think there is more to this what we know so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:47 PM

What a bunch of dicks.

canadianmom1974
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
If what's being reported is true, they did destroy property. Also, it's the Brazilian justice system, search and seizure may not mean exactly the same thing there as it does in the US.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

but why the search and seizure order? why police detention? it seems both sides are not telling the whole story.

a court (I seriously do not beleive) would order a search and seizure for filing a false report. and did they actually file a report? or this is just some story the swimmers shared with the media?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:16 PM
5 moms liked this
I wonder if these idiots will get the same amount of public shaming as poor Gabby Douglas did.

Quoting UpSheRises:

What a bunch of dicks.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:18 PM
Ah. How nice. Proving to the rest of the world how far American's take their shitbaggery
MsDenuninani
by A.Ham on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Privileged little douchebags.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM
7 moms liked this

Swimmer thugs, right everyone??????

Ms.KitKat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:30 PM

I was over in the other lochte thread and posters have gone into more detail citing that this situation is not all that it seems on the surface.

absolutely if these Americans-even being Olympians, broke the law, they need to face the consequences of that. 

Quoting canadianmom1974: If what's being reported is true, they did destroy property. Also, it's the Brazilian justice system, search and seizure may not mean exactly the same thing there as it does in the US.
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)