Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 8 year old proposed to someone yesterday

Posted by   + Show Post
He used my Facebook,when I was at work and he was home with his Daddy, to propose to Alyson Felix. She is the most decorated track female American in Olympic History.

I thought he was going to break my couch jumping when she was running in the relay.

Well, apparently he is going to be better than Usain Bolt someday because he is practicing every afternoon to be a sprinter. And she is as beautiful as Julie Newmar in 60's Batman.

But he can't marry her for 14 years because he has to graduate from college.

However, he can do laundry and cook so he can take of her the way she needs to be cared for.

I came home and checked my FB. I had close to 500 likes and 100 friend requests because he made people laugh.

I sent a message to her after I deleted his post letting her know I was sorry if she had too much traffic because my son's ego is bigger than most cities and I did not want a media thing about this.

She responded by asking for our address so she could tell him how special she made him feel.

This is a well raised adult.
by on Sep. 1, 2016 at 9:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
cellomom26
by on Sep. 2, 2016 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

This is such an adorable story!  What a sweet kid you have, and what a wonderful person she is.  She is really beautiful, so I see why he wants to marry her.  Does he like the Bounty commercial she is in with her dog?  It's so cute. 

kookiered79
by Member on Sep. 2, 2016 at 4:24 PM
That is freaking adorable! He's gonna make a good husband someday.
Austinsmom35
by on Sep. 2, 2016 at 4:31 PM
That is so sweet! :)
DisabledVet
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2016 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

And your son is wonderful.  Being 8 is a wonderful age.  We have so much hope.  I don't think it's his ego.  After all he wants to take care of her.  He's going to be a wonderful man for some lucky woman. 

Arizona6
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2016 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so cute and for her to respond that goes to show there are still some great ppl out there !

lizzig
by on Sep. 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM

lol! oh the dreams of youth!!!  & heck you never know, she may be your dil one day.  after all katie holms got her marry her childhood crush when she married tom cruise! ;o)

the 3yr old my daughter watches married my 9yr old son three times this summer.  every time my daughter watched her & the little girl put on her princess dress she told my daughter she was marring her brother.  didn't matter that my son was never there when it happened.  guess he got married by proxy! ;o)

YoungMama93
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM
That's so stinkin'cute!! πŸ˜†
all2gethernow
by on Sep. 3, 2016 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I just read this to DH. We are laughing SO hard!!!
That's fantastic!!!!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
AllofFive19
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2016 at 3:07 PM
That's awesome.
boys2men2soon
by Member on Sep. 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM

I love everything about this post.     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)