Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think this logic makes sense...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:48 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
  1. Donald Trump has taken heat, and will take more, for refusing to release his tax information.
  1. It logically follows that whatever is in the tax returns would make him look worse than his stonewalling does.

No other conclusion is possible, unless you assume that neither Trump  nor any of his advisors has any sense of what looks good and bad in a campaign. That’s a possibility, but it doesn’t ring true as the explanation in this case. And the “they’re under audit” excuse is bullshit, according to none other than the I.R.S.

This simple one-two logic has been underestimated in press discussion of the issue so far.

From The Atlantic today.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDenuninani
by A.Ham on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

He will never produce them.

When he sued a journalist who questioned his net worth, Trump's finances were part of the discovery process.  Ultimately the case settled, and as part of the settlment agreement, the journalist is prevented from ever saying what he learned about Trump's net worth.  (He has said that it's less than Trump says.) 

When he was roasted on Comedy Central, the comedians were told beforehand that they could joke about anything -- his wives, his hair, whatever - except his net worth.  They could not say anything suggesting he was less rich than he claims.

Trump views his net worth as the most important thing about him, and therefore we can never learn the truth.

msb64
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Today, Trump said to Bill O'Reilly that he would release his tax returns if Clinton could produce the 33,000 emails.  So once again, because Clinton.

MyMyOhMy
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:42 PM

What about the kid he raped?

pdxmum
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Not that I am not curious about where that lawsuit stands, but what does that have to do with his tax returns?

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM
😳😳😳

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM
Oh I just read the lawsuit 😱😱

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Did anyone watched CNN documentary about him " all business essential Trump"
I saw it a few days ago
Very informative
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Still trying to figure out why Trump is such a huge issue for some of you. He's a non-factor. It's Hillary you need to worry about.

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Still trying to figure out why you say you're not voting for Trump when we all know that you are.

Quoting VooDooB:

Still trying to figure out why Trump is such a huge issue for some of you. He's a non-factor. It's Hillary you need to worry about.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:14 PM
You have to admit, that is a pretty funny comeback.

Quoting msb64:

Today, Trump said to Bill O'Reilly that he would release his tax returns if Clinton could produce the 33,000 emails.  So once again, because Clinton.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)