Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Trump an underdog??

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:05 AM
  • 41 Replies
I'm really asking the voters who are boasting about how Hilary has ALREADY won the election!
That's not a good thing to do. And I'm speaking historically!

I can't remember the dems being SO confident in a presidential race since Gore v Bush! And we see what happened there.

Remember the '12 election? Hell....Romney was SO confident on election night that, even though Ohio was clearly being won by Obama, Romney wouldn't concede. At least for a while, because of the polls giving Romney the lead. People lie in polls

On election night it was hilarious watching Megan Kelly leave her anchor perch and march back into the "research" room and brow-beat the computer nerds there. And she didn't get the answer she wanted. What was most satisfying, to me, was watching Dick Morris scramble, stutter, and sputter his excuses for Romney's loss. That night had some high drama.

What I'm trying to say is: People LOVE an underdog!!
Even after all the polls give Hilary the lead, do Hilary voters really have the room to be smug??
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Obama was never an underdog though. Romney believed he was going to win because like Trump he is believing the yes men that are blowing smoke up his ass instead of the polls that have been correct every year.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL. Dick Morris lost all credibility on election night. I suppose you're right about that election. Obama WAS the incumbent.
UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:43 AM
3 moms liked this

Trump isn't the sort of "underdog" you love.

He's the sort of underdog that just pooped on your copy of the constitution.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 31, 2016 at 11:37 AM
So I ask this question again?
With more information about Hilary Clinton out there now: Is it "smart" for her supporters to brush aside the notion that this election won't be the landslide victory that was being touted earlier?
tanyainmizzou
by on Oct. 31, 2016 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I always thought so

If polls from this weekend are correct, not anymore. People are pissed at the absolute disrespect her people and Hillary treated her office.

The one thing that may save her are early voters in swing states.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 31, 2016 at 11:42 AM

Quoting SuG4: So I ask this question again? With more information about Hilary Clinton out there now: Is it "smart" for her supporters to brush aside the notion that this election won't be the landslide victory that was being touted earlier?

IMO, it does not really matter if it's a landslide win. A win is a win. I'd rather her eeck by and the Dems secure the Senate than her having a landslide victory and Congress remaining the R's.

Checks and balances should not mean total gridlock.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 31, 2016 at 11:50 AM
I totally agree!! I'm simply asking about the over-confidence that I've witnessed in "news" blogs, MSNBC, some CNN pundits, and so on.
Eeking" by will cause a shit-storm worse than the Bush/Gore election results!

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting SuG4: So I ask this question again?
With more information about Hilary Clinton out there now: Is it "smart" for her supporters to brush aside the notion that this election won't be the landslide victory that was being touted earlier?

IMO, it does not really matter if it's a landslide win. A win is a win. I'd rather her eeck by and the Dems secure the Senate than her having a landslide victory and Congress remaining the R's.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 31, 2016 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The difference with this election (Vs BvG) is that Trump is losing in all the swing states- he has to win them all and then it would still be a close victory, similar to Bush v G. I just cannot see Fl and NC and OH and NV and IA and CO and AZ and NH....all flipping to Trump. 

It's really too bad, because if the GOP had picked just about any other candidate, this might just be a slam dunk.

So the feds want to look at Weiner's emails because he is a criminal and his wife, who is on HC's payroll, used that same computer...yet, Trump is slated to stand trial for a couple of very serious allegations- 

He is a worse choice.

Quoting SuG4: I totally agree!! I'm simply asking about the over-confidence that I've witnessed in "news" blogs, MSNBC, some CNN pundits, and so on. Eeking" by will cause a shit-storm worse than the Bush/Gore election results!
Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting SuG4: So I ask this question again? With more information about Hilary Clinton out there now: Is it "smart" for her supporters to brush aside the notion that this election won't be the landslide victory that was being touted earlier?

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Oh yeah..I agree that he's the worst candidate between the two of them. Just like I thought McCain/Palin was a jolt to the '08 election season when McCain first trotted Palin out! She actually had cred! She was a governor! And a maverick who stood up to Big Oil for her constituents! And we know how that ended. LOL
I bring this up because, if Palin was as savvy off-stage as she was onstage. ...
Anyway, I hope the polls are correct.
I have to find Nate Silver of the 538? Group? He hasn't been wrong predicting the outcomes of the last two elections.

Quoting Sisteract:

The difference with this election (Vs BvG) is that Trump is losing in all the swing states- he has to win them all and then it would still be a close victory, similar to Bush v G. I just cannot see Fl and NC and OH and NV and IA and CO and AZ and NH....all flipping to Trump. 

It's really too bad, because if the GOP had picked just about any other candidate, this might just be a slam dunk.

So the feds want to look at Weiner's emails because he is a criminal and his wife, who is on HC's payroll, used that same computer...yet, Trump is slated to stand trial for a couple of very serious allegations- 

He is a worse choice.

Quoting SuG4: I totally agree!! I'm simply asking about the over-confidence that I've witnessed in "news" blogs, MSNBC, some CNN pundits, and so on.

Eeking" by will cause a shit-storm worse than the Bush/Gore election results!

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting SuG4: So I ask this question again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)