Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STEREOTYPES

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:39 AM
  • 207 Replies
Do you still believe them?

I say HELL YEAH!!!
We need stereotypes!!

It helps those who believe them, feel better about themselves.

Agree? Disagree? What say you?
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Everyone has biases and steroetypes.  They become dangerous when you do not acknowledge them and they turn into hate and racism. 

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:56 AM
It would be much more honest conversation with people of other races, nationalities if people could just be up front but when you do that it might be against the law.

Quoting Debmomto2teens:

Everyone has biases and steroetypes.  They become dangerous when you do not acknowledge them and they turn into hate and racism. 

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:13 AM
5 moms liked this

You forgot "ignorance"  when they refuse to look past those stereotypes and see people as just people. I see a lot of that kind of ignorance on here and facebook, especially now. 

Quoting Debmomto2teens:

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:14 AM

I agree all are guilty of it no matter what race or nationality you are.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:28 AM
That's true. I profile like what when I'm out and about. I don't like to be in a bar too long when there is a drunk white guy. He may say something offensive sexually or racially. I gotta go.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, this is true.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

You forgot "ignorance"  when they refuse to look past those stereotypes and see people as just people. I see a lot of that kind of ignorance on here and facebook, especially now. 

Quoting Debmomto2teens:

SRUsarahSC
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM
Like the pumpkin spice thing?
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:31 AM
But I think some stereotypes are valid. While salespeople WILL "follow" young blacks in stores.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Quoting Debmomto2teens:

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:35 AM
LOL. I had to google this. I'm from an older generation and I don't have FB. I have twitter but never use it.

Quoting SRUsarahSC: Like the pumpkin spice thing?
numbr1wmn
by Lina on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:37 AM

What black men don't?

Quoting SuG4: That's true. I profile like what when I'm out and about. I don't like to be in a bar too long when there is a drunk white guy. He may say something offensive sexually or racially. I gotta go.
Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)