• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump touts 'new deal for black America' at campaign rally in Charlotte

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:18 AM
  • 18 Replies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/27/trump-touts-new-deal-for-black-america-at-campaign-rally-in-charlotte.html

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump unveiled what he called a “New Deal for black America” and revealed a handful of new proposals aimed at revitalizing impoverished urban areas on Wednesday in hope to sway minority voters.

Part of Trump’s so called “new deal” included new tax incentives for inner cities, new micro-loans for African-Americans to start companies and hire workers and plan to reinvest money form suspended refugee programs in inner cities.

“I will be your greatest champion,” Trump told a predominantly white Charlotte crowd. “I will never ever take the African American community for granted. Never, ever.”

Trump also pledged to take on gang members and remove them from inner cities. He also claimed that the national murder rate was as high as it’s been in 45 years.

“Some of our inner cities are more dangerous than the war zones we’re reading about and seeing about every night.”

Earlier in the day, Trump was in Washington touting his business empire in the ribbon-cutting ceremony for his new hotel. He made the case that all Americans should look to his corporate record for evidence of how well he’d run the country if elected president.

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Was this the rally where he threw out the black protester and called him a thug to the cheers of the almost entirely white audience?
I believe it was. Sounds like the same old deal for Black America that Trump has long been a part of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Does he have a plan to help inner city schools? Yeah didn't think so.
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Well he called them a disaster, and that took some planning.

Quoting owl0210: Does he have a plan to help inner city schools? Yeah didn't think so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momjeansrcool
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:51 AM
How exactly is he putting an end to gang warfare? I'd really like to see the action plan he has on place for that.

This is the problem with Trump, he makes huge promises that sound fantastic but are literally impossible to follow through on.
liza44
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't live in a inner city and I hope he's also planning to take out the kkk and biker gangs. If not, I will have my shotgun loaded and ready for his "new deal".
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
The President doesn't have the authority to suspend refugee programs or reallocate funds.
ksbondgirl
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:41 AM

msb64
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh those pesky details.

Quoting LauraKW: The President doesn't have the authority to suspend refugee programs or reallocate funds.

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM
Too much bullshit propaganda, too late in the election cycle since many have voted already, & to the wrong audience.
denise3680
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol sounds like you think he is the great white Hope for us poor little minority folks who just can't get it together until he comes in and fixes it all up for us:/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)