Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a show of hands here.

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

How  many  of  you  got  your  new  premiums  in  the  mail  for Obamacare  and if you  did  are you  happy  with  it?

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuG4
by brown sugar on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:54 PM
Have private
msb64
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Insured through federal government.  I'm expensive but I'm happy with it.

SuG4
by brown sugar on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:59 PM
But don't the Feds have private insurers vying for your patronage?

Quoting msb64:

msb64
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:13 PM

True!  With Foreign Service, we have a choice of four different private providers.  Slight but not significant difference in cost or coverage.

Quoting SuG4: But don't the Feds have private insurers vying for your patronage?
Quoting msb64:

SuG4
by brown sugar on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:16 PM
YES I'm a federal worker too. But domestic. I have a few more choices. :-)

Quoting msb64:

True!  With Foreign Service, we have a choice of four different private providers.  Slight but not significant difference in cost or coverage.

Quoting SuG4: But don't the Feds have private insurers vying for your patronage?

Quoting msb64:

msb64
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM

The plans that we have to choose from must include full coverage if you are sick and injured overseas, full medical evacuation coverage, and as of this year full coverage for Autism related services (which is awesome) so I expect the premiums to be higher than if we were domestic.  

Quoting SuG4: YES I'm a federal worker too. But domestic. I have a few more choices. :-)
Quoting msb64:

Quoting msb64:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM
Private.
SuG4
by brown sugar on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The coverage sounds great for you and your family.

Quoting msb64:

The plans that we have to choose from must include full coverage if you are sick and injured overseas, full medical evacuation coverage, and as of this year full coverage for Autism related services (which is awesome) so I expect the premiums to be higher than if we were domestic.  

Quoting SuG4: YES I'm a federal worker too. But domestic. I have a few more choices. :-)

Quoting msb64:

Quoting msb64:

MrsHMS
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:02 PM
Private insurance
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Private insurance and we will be sitting down this weekend to make our annual choice of which shitty coverage that we will select. This has been our plight since the 1990s- even when we had dual health care insurance.

Screw the insurance companies and their lobby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)