Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it make you proud?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:10 PM
  • 107 Replies
1 mom liked this
Trump said he's going to repeal Obama care, be proud to do it and you'll be proud to do it. Will you ?

Are you proud to deny people life saving medicine?

He said he'll replace it but he lacks plans to replace it with anything of substance.
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:12 PM
10 moms liked this

MissAndree
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:48 PM
8 moms liked this

His base will be proud because they don't give a shit about anyone outside of themselves. They don't believe that healthcare is a right, they think it is a privilege for those who can afford it. Fuck everybody else. 

Especially poor people. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:51 PM
3 moms liked this

He's talking about HSAs- those have dollar limits...as if you could put away enough money, tax free, to self pay cancer or a major illness/accident or long term care. Whatever he is smoking, he needs to put it down.

This guy bootlegs policies from other people and just BSes his way and thinks that people are stupid enough to believe the shite he shovels.

UpSheRises
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Yeah. It's fucked up. I'm an Obama supporter and favor single-payer and not a Trump fan and can proudly say Obamacare is a messed up piece of crap that nobody should be proud of.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting UpSheRises: Yeah. It's fucked up. I'm an Obama supporter and favor single-payer and not a Trump fan and can proudly say Obamacare is a messed up piece of crap that nobody should be proud of.

It's because the lobbies control DC.

The ACA was a gift to the health insurance companies. Why do we need insurance companies to control our health care and health care dollars???

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Proud of Trump?  I doubt even his parents would be proud of him.

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:01 PM
5 moms liked this

Yep.  There was a single payer option in ACA but that got removed by the republicans.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting UpSheRises: Yeah. It's fucked up. I'm an Obama supporter and favor single-payer and not a Trump fan and can proudly say Obamacare is a messed up piece of crap that nobody should be proud of.

The ACA was a gift to the health insurance companies. Why do we need insurance companies to control our health care and health care dollars???

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:02 PM
5 moms liked this

Yep- and that's what we need- like every.other.industrialized country on the planet.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Yep.  There was a single payer option in ACA but that got removed by the republicans.

Quoting Sisteract:

Moniker
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:10 PM
5 moms liked this
Well ...a lot do. I almost don't blame him for continuing to do what's working for him.

I know a savings account is not going to do shit for anyone with a serious health problem or even for people who have a one time catastrophic event like an accident.

His choice of words really struck me. Why would anyone be proud to leave people without health insurance, why be proud to be the only major country to not offer it? People will suffer, people will live in pain, people will die. Proud?

He doesn't care about them. All he sees is it has Obama's name on it and therefore he wants to destroy it. Anyone who it hurts be damned. He doesn't even know what it is !

Other candidates said they would revise it but what Trump said is appalling.

Quoting Sisteract:

He's talking about HSAs- those have dollar limits...as if you could put away enough money, tax free, to self pay cancer or a major illness/accident or long term care. Whatever he is smoking, he needs to put it down.

This guy bootlegs policies from other people and just BSes his way and thinks that people are stupid enough to believe the shite he shovels.

msb64
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

We have an HSA that we use for some prescriptions, some therapies for our son and drugstore.com orders.  Maximum contribution is $6000+ a year.  I think that if able, dumping money into an HSA is a good idea in order to cover deductables but personally I would rather see uncovered medical expenses deductable when filing taxes.  But HSA is not a healthcare plan and the majority of Americans (us included) are not able to put $600 a month into an HSA on top of their insurance premiums.

Quoting Sisteract:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)