Tens of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets in cities across the country Wednesday to protest Donald Trump's election victory, in mostly peaceful gatherings that nonetheless resulted in at least 124 arrests and reports of damage, vandalism and injuries in several locations.

NEW YORK CITY

A large group of protesters marched on Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan Wednesday night, chanting, "My body, my choice," "Not my president," and "Hey, hey, ho, ho, Donald Trump has got to go."

Another crowd gathered at Columbus Circle near the Trump International Hotel & Tower.

At least 65 people were arrested, according to WABC. Sources also tell WABC that at least 10,000 people took part in the NYC demonstrations.

The majority of the arrests took place in front of Trump Tower, where several people climbed light poles and had to be taken down. Police closed 5th Avenue at 57th Street due to the unrest and walled off demonstrators in front of Trump Tower.

PHOTO: Hundreds of protestors rallying against Donald Trump gather in Union Square, Nov. 9, 2016 in New York City. Drew Angerer/Getty Images
Hundreds of protestors rallying against Donald Trump gather in Union Square, Nov. 9, 2016 in New York City.

PHOTO: Anti-Donald Trump protesters fill Union Square in lower Manhattan on Nov. 9, 2016.