Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Orange is the New Black' actress Lea DeLaria says she wants to 'take out' Trump supporters with baseball bat

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

Actress Lea DeLaria found herself in hot water after she wrote on Instagram that she wanted to "take out" Republicans and Independents with a baseball bat.

DeLaria, best known for her role as Big Boo on "Orange Is the New Black," shared a Leonard Bernstein quote on Instagram about responding to violence through music.

She captioned the quote by suggesting a different response to voilence writing, "Or pick up a baseball bat and take out every f--king republican and independent I see. #f--ktrump #f--ktheGOP #f--kstraightwhiteamerica #f--kyourprivilege."

Fans immediately responded against DeLaria's post.

"Why spread violence??? Baseball bats? This makes your argument weak and you are not weak. Strengthen your argument not raise your voice and threaten people with harsh painful words," one user wrote.

Another said, "You're demonstrating the issues you claim to be preaching against."

"no one said you or anyone else weren't allowed to be angry. BUT threatening violence is not ok. It's actually what all the liberal and Hillary voters preached against. So much hypocrisy," one commenter posted.

However, some users spoke in support of the actress.

"Don't let anyone tell you you have to stop being angry. F--k that. Our anger is the only thing we have."

One person wrote, "I love everything you say. You are so on point with ALL OF IT!!"

Another simply wrote in, "YES."

A rep for DeLaria did not immediately return FOX411's request for comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/11/orange-is-new-black-actress-lea-delaria-says-wants-to-take-out-trump-supporters-with-baseball-bat.html
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
broboxer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM
What a little ray of sunshine....
algorithmnation
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Yeah, the threat of violence is not helping. 

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM
Oh dear, she should find another errant screwdriver.
SkippyDo
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM

Orange is the New Black is boring and trashy.  Just like this woman. 

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM

"By Any Means Necessary"

That wasn't just a line from a movie...This is called backlash.

I'm not supporting the violence, but I'm damn well not going to act like I don't understand it.

OrangeBalloon
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Blech. I'm not happy that Trump won either, but that's ridiculous. I know it really sucks folks but as pissed off as some of us are, this just isn't the way to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)