Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump just announced he will not repeal Obamacare

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM
  • 66 Replies
After meeting with President Barack Obama, President-elect Donald Trump appears to have reversed his position on repealing Obamacare.

One of the President-elect’s biggest promises on the campaign trail was his vow to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, particularly in the wake of health insurance providers pledging to raise the price of coverage by double digits in coming years. However, it appears the outgoing president has convinced Trump to keep his signature legislation. As of this writing, Trump has only said he would amend it, and that repealing the law outright may not be his plan going forward.

The position is a shocker to many, particularly Congressional Republicans like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan. McConnell has said repealing Obamacare is “pretty high” on his list of priorities for the next four years, and Ryan is asking Trump to allow him to privatize Medicare and gut Obamacare, according to Salon.

The UK-based Independent reported that President-elect Trump and President Obama discussed some of the ongoing difficulties the country faces, but also reflected on the highlights of the past 8 years, which has been interpreted as praise for the Affordable Care Act. The healthcare law, which has allowed over 20 million Americans to have access to health insurance since 2010, is proving popular in the wake of the election, with over 100,000 Americans signing up for Affordable Care Act plans on healthcare.gov in the past 48 hours.

Americans have until January 31, 2017 to enroll in or change existing health coverage for the 2017 calendar year.

http://usuncut.com/politics/trump-obamacare-repeal/
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I never thought he would. Like the wall, i doubt that it will be built.
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Also if he really is for the people 100 thousand signing on the day after the election is a sign from the people that they want it. So smart move on his part.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM
6 moms liked this

And people would be expecting something in return-

Pre ACA premiums- never going to happen

Insurance for all- never going to happen

Affordable insurance- never going to happen

The continued theme here: INSURANCE companies- get rid of them...watch the prices fall.

caito
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

WaterorWine
by Χριστιανός on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:57 PM
4 moms liked this
I thought this would happen and I'm happy. As long as something is done to reel in costs. Insurance before Obama was awful in some ways and obamacare was awful in many ways. So I feared we would be screwed no matter what. I really didn't want people To lose their coverage but the costs were making it out of reach regardless.
WaterorWine
by Χριστιανός on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:59 PM
I actually agree with you.

Quoting Sisteract:

And people would be expecting something in return-

Pre ACA premiums- never going to happen

Insurance for all- never going to happen

Affordable insurance- never going to happen

The continued theme here: INSURANCE companies- get rid of them...watch the prices fall.

cgd5112
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
That's wonderful news for so many Americans! It's not a perfect system but it has merit and the fact that there ate no caps on chronic diseases is such a relief for so many families. I hope fixes the parts that currently impose heavy costs on recipients, too.

I hope he continues on a positive path for the benefit ALL Americans.
atlmom2
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM
I hope he tweeks it. It sucks.
D-Town
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:11 PM
8 moms liked this

You mean he lied during his campaign just so people would hear what they wanted? 

No. Say it isn't so. 

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:12 PM
I can't even afford the insurance $1,500 medical plus an additional $34.00 for dental
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)