Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Every news outlet so far except Fox

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:48 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Every news outlet I've checked so far says trump makes accusations of widespread voter fraud without evidence. Except Fox. Even Breitbart.

Can anyone defend this monumental lie of his?
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:56 AM
10 moms liked this

Sure - lets assume he is telling the truth.

That means the entire election is invalid and will need to be done over.

I'm afraid that Trump has left no option but for Obama to be required to stay in the oval office while a replacement election is organised and run under UN supervision.

pdxmum
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Even Mother Jones! That 35 year old fake news source.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
MotherJones

Trump: I Won the Popular Vote. I Did, I Did, I Did....

KEVIN DRUM NOV. 27, 2016 7:07 PM

A few days ago I mentioned that the Trump campaign1 was pretty dedicated to sending Hillary Clinton's popular vote win down the memory hole. To accomplish this, they began a gaslighting offensive to persuade the nation that Donald Trump was one of the biggest winners ever in presidential history. Kellyanne Conway kicked things off by telling Fox News, "This election was not close. It was not a squeaker." Two days later, Trump himself defended his loss of the popular vote: "If the election were based on total popular vote I would have campaigned in N.Y. Florida and California and won even bigger and more easily."

Then Corey Lewandowski upped the ante, claiming that Trump "won the election campaign by the largest majority since Ronald Reagan in 1984." I guess this was a little too raw even for Trumpland, so Reince Priebus beavered away and finally found something to justify Lewandowski's toadying: "Donald J. Trump won over 2,600 counties nationwide, the most since President Reagan in 1984." But that still wasn't enough. The whole popular vote thing is apparently a serious burr in Trump's saddle, and he wasn't happy with all this shilly-shallying. So today he decided to go for broke and insist that he just won, period:

So there you have it. It's twisting Trump's guts that more people voted for Hillary Clinton than voted for him. And this whole recount thing in Wisconsin seems to have driven him bananas. The result is a tweet alleging that the Clinton campaign orchestrated millions of illegal votes in 2016.2 This message went out to all 16 million of his followers, who will surely pass it along to another 16 million or so—and then the media will pass it along to yet millions more.

This is an obvious lie, and it will probably take a few hours for Trump's TV shills to figure out how to defend it. That's how it worked with the "thousands of Muslims celebrating on 9/11" thing. In that case, his spear carriers eventually dug up a few internet factoids that provided them with a way to claim that Trump was right, and away they went. I'm sure the same thing will happen this time. I can't wait to see how many will join in and exactly what dreck they'll dredge up to justify it.

Alternatively, they could just admit that the Republican president-elect is an epically insecure liar who will say anything when his fragile ego is bruised. That's not a very appealing alternative, is it?

1As near as I can tell, Trump is still running a campaign.

2Trump says he would have won if not for these votes, so they must have all been for Hillary. And if they were all for Hillary, then Democrats must have been the ones who did the vote rigging. Right?
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:45 AM
3 moms liked this

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5226087649001/?#sp=show-clips

btamilee2750
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this

"Our Country has been around for 240 years....and, one of our hallmarks has always been that we accept the outcome of our elections"  a quote by Hillary Clinton  after one of the debates.  The hypocrisy is amazing...

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:36 AM
5 moms liked this

The Clinton campaign didn't seek any recounts at all.

Once they became inevitable, they decided to assist the process to be completed as swiftly and accurately as possible, while putting out a statement that they did not consider there to be any truth to allegations of external interference.

That is not refusing to accept a result - If you want to see an example of not accepting a result, look no further than Donald Trumps tweet that the millions of illegal votes resulted in him winning.

Quoting btamilee2750:

"Our Country has been around for 240 years....and, one of our hallmarks has always been that we accept the outcome of our elections"  a quote by Hillary Clinton  after one of the debates.  The hypocrisy is amazing...

btamilee2750
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:46 AM
3 moms liked this

The Clinton campaign did not publically seek a recount, BUT....Hillary has gladly jumped on board with agreeing to wanting a recount....now.  That is NOT excepting the results of the election.  She could have and should have not put herself in the position to agree with wanting a recount now. It makes her a hypocrite.  What Trump is saying is no better. 

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

Once they became inevitable, they decided to assist the process to be completed as swiftly and accurately as possible, while putting out a statement that they did not consider there to be any truth to allegations of external interference.

That is not refusing to accept a result - If you want to see an example of not accepting a result, look no further than Donald Trumps tweet that the millions of illegal votes resulted in him winning.

Quoting btamilee2750:

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, you're going to believe what you want. Have a good day,

Personally, I'll stick with reality.

Quoting btamilee2750:

The Clinton campaign did not publically seek a recount, BUT....Hillary has gladly jumped on board with agreeing to wanting a recount....now.  That is NOT excepting the results of the election.  She could have and should have not put herself in the position to agree with wanting a recount now. It makes her a hypocrite.  What Trump is saying is no better. 

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

Quoting btamilee2750:

btamilee2750
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Clinton's campaign lawyer Mark Erik Elias was quoted on Saturday as saying "regardless of the potential to change the out come of any states, we feel it is important on principle, to ensure our campaign is legally represented" in any recount proceedings.  The reality it VERY obvious...they will be involved in the recount.  Clinton could have not involved herself, and stuck with her original comments in regards to democracy, instead she made the decision to be a hypocrite.  

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

Well, you're going to believe what you want. Have a good day,

Personally, I'll stick with reality.

Quoting btamilee2750:

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

Quoting btamilee2750:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)