Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Humiliation of Romney by Trump

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:47 PM
  • 11 Replies
The Humbling Of Mitt Romney, By Donald J. Trump - The Huffington Post - US
https://apple.news/A1Q1gAtGVQp25j4p6CZzNeA

The article used the term "humbling", but I used another word.
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Ronita on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no sympathy for Romney. I will have no sympathy for any other GOP'er who trades their integrity to lick trump's feet, when he eventually kicks them in the teeth. That is what happens when you have no principles. 

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Romney makes a good point. Can you make more change & have more positive influence from inside or outside the establishment? Still, I couldn't swallow my vomit & work for the cheeto Jesus.
IandLoveandYou
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.

Reid was kind of a dick about it too. Like, okay Harry.

I had a harder time seeing Cruz making campaign calls for Trump after he attacked his wife on Twitter. Painful.

Quoting Bookwormy: Romney makes a good point. Can you make more change & have more positive influence from inside or outside the establishment? Still, I couldn't swallow my vomit & work for the cheeto Jesus.

jpickens
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Reid is being petty.  There is much bigger fish to fry than stirring up drama and saying things to embarass Romney. 

jpickens
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I agree.  He could have kept all of that to himself.  It struck me as rude too.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Agreed.

Reid was kind of a dick about it too. Like, okay Harry.

I had a harder time seeing Cruz making campaign calls for Trump after he attacked his wife on Twitter. Painful.

Quoting Bookwormy: Romney makes a good point. Can you make more change & have more positive influence from inside or outside the establishment? Still, I couldn't swallow my vomit & work for the cheeto Jesus.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Game of Thrones, end of season one.
GloriousChaos
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm quite sure Romney is capable of defending himself. And honestly, would have been a better choice for SOS.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I find the whole thing disgusting! So the president elect has THAT kind of time....To actually court a man who criticized him? And the whole thing was staged to humiliate him?
One of Trump's team members, Stone, announced that Trump decided to toy with ex governor Romney from the beginning! WOW!

It bothers me that Trump would waste his time like this.
I've heard stories of old where KINGS, who had that title for life, would have time like this to "toy" with their detractors, and critics. But Trump was just recently elected, and he's doing THIS?
romalove
by Roma on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Anyone who thinks Trump isn't invested in vindictiveness and vengeance for any and all slights, both real and imagined, isn't paying attention.

He is not a gracious human being, nor is he a kind person.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:44 AM
2 moms liked this
As soon as Trump and Romney started making nice, I knew this would happen. A leopard doesn't change his spots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)