Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you use this word?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:03 PM
  • 153 Replies
7 moms liked this

libtard    

noun

• a person with liberal political beliefs. Pejorative. From "liberal" + "retard".

People who use it should know that it reflects profoundly on them, probably more so than on the people they intend to disparage with it.

by on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Excellent question. And I have no doubt that many who use it find the use of the word 'retard' to be abhorrent. Irony at its finest.
Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM
5 moms liked this
People use it on here without excuse. It's disgusting and demonstrates a huge lack of character.
4ofSpades
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't actually expect people to admit to using it, or reply if they have used it here. =)

Quoting Kmary: Excellent question. And I have no doubt that many who use it find the use of the word 'retard' to be abhorrent. Irony at its finest.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

http://newsthump.com/2016/08/26/origin-of-libtard-traced-to-ancient-babylonian-word-for-my-superior/

Etymologists have traced the origins of the word ‘libtard’ back to the ancient Babylonian word ‘LIBYUTARDA’ meaning ‘my superior’

“It’s absolutely fascinating,” said Simon Williams, a professor of really, really old worlds at Oxford University.

“The word ‘libtard’ is used in modern parlance as an insult, but it’s true usage was intended to show great deference and respect.”

Professor Williams went on to describe the sort of person who would use the phrase ‘libtard’.

“Oh, it was only ever used by the intellectually challenged subclass, people who had no real concept of debate, philosophy and ideas, and it would be used exclusively by that class in a sort of awed wonder to describe those who were morally and intellectually superior.

“There is also considerable evidence that suggests people who used the word ‘libtard’ had absurdly small genitals.”

The change of usage of the word has proved puzzling to the Professor.

“It is peculiar that people seem to see it now as an insult, but you have to remember that it has only ever been used by catastrophically stupid people, people who are regularly outwitted by potted plants, people who couldn’t get employed by villages without idiots, people who see a hole in the ground and feel the need to check their arse is still in the right place.”

Professor went on to explain how people being called ‘libtards’ should feel.

“Superior, definitely. It’s the only natural reaction.”

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM
4 moms liked this
And here comes the rationalization.. lol
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM

I used it once here. but I didn't use it as the "R" Word.

lib·tard
ˈlibˌtärd/
noun
USinformaloffensive
noun: libtard; plural noun: libtards
  1. a person with left-wing political views.

Quoting 4ofSpades:

I don't actually expect people to admit to using it, or reply if they have used it here. =)

Quoting Kmary: Excellent question. And I have no doubt that many who use it find the use of the word 'retard' to be abhorrent. Irony at its finest.

4ofSpades
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:09 PM
7 moms liked this

Now that I know you can use Google I wish you would use it more often.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

http://newsthump.com/2016/08/26/origin-of-libtard-traced-to-ancient-babylonian-word-for-my-superior/

Etymologists have traced the origins of the word ‘libtard’ back to the ancient Babylonian word ‘LIBYUTARDA’ meaning ‘my superior’

“It’s absolutely fascinating,” said Simon Williams, a professor of really, really old worlds at Oxford University.

“The word ‘libtard’ is used in modern parlance as an insult, but it’s true usage was intended to show great deference and respect.”

Professor Williams went on to describe the sort of person who would use the phrase ‘libtard’.

“Oh, it was only ever used by the intellectually challenged subclass, people who had no real concept of debate, philosophy and ideas, and it would be used exclusively by that class in a sort of awed wonder to describe those who were morally and intellectually superior.

“There is also considerable evidence that suggests people who used the word ‘libtard’ had absurdly small genitals.”

The change of usage of the word has proved puzzling to the Professor.

“It is peculiar that people seem to see it now as an insult, but you have to remember that it has only ever been used by catastrophically stupid people, people who are regularly outwitted by potted plants, people who couldn’t get employed by villages without idiots, people who see a hole in the ground and feel the need to check their arse is still in the right place.”

Professor went on to explain how people being called ‘libtards’ should feel.

“Superior, definitely. It’s the only natural reaction.”

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:09 PM

nah  just thought that was funny

Quoting Debmomto2teens: And here comes the rationalization.. lol

Rocker.Mom.07
by Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:09 PM
8 moms liked this

Both sides say very degrading things about each others stances. Whether it's a word or just insulting reading levels, IQs, common sense...the list goes on. Most of you all are horrible to each other from reading comments.

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2017 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure you do since you have used that word on here before.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

nah  just thought that was funny

Quoting Debmomto2teens: And here comes the rationalization.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN