Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been almost a month. Will I ever get used to Trump?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 12:45 AM
Replies (91-98):
VooDooB
by GIF Giver on Jan. 12, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Your rudeness is my fault? I didn't realize I had such power!

Quoting LGAll65: I learned from the best --you .' Now just mind your own business and do not inquire about my account . You're intrusive and inappropriate .
Quoting VooDooB:

Well that was awfully rude!

Quoting LGAll65: I thought about it but then I knew I'd miss the really cool and intelligent moms who post here . I did not say I was going to cancel my account. Possibly you have some difficulty reading ? Need glasses ? And you might need some social skills too .
Quoting VooDooB:

Didn't you declare last night that you were deleting your account for the 12th time?

Quoting LGAll65: This should be good !�
Quoting romalove:

HOW???

Quoting Carpy: I disagree. His feet are to the fire as well.

LGAll65
by on Jan. 12, 2017 at 10:50 AM
And this is not " your" post !
😂😂😂😂

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting LGAll65: I learned from the best --you .'
Now just mind your own business and do not inquire about my account . You're intrusive and inappropriate .

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting LGAll65: I thought about it but then I knew I'd miss the really cool and intelligent moms who post here . I did not say I was going to cancel my account.
Possibly you have some difficulty reading ? Need glasses ?
And you might need some social skills too .

Quoting VooDooB:

Didn't you declare last night that you were deleting your account for the 12th time?

Quoting romalove:

HOW???

LadyEmris
by Member on Jan. 12, 2017 at 10:51 AM
I don't know if I'll ever get used to Trump. But I'm excited for Mattis!!
VooDooB
by GIF Giver on Jan. 12, 2017 at 10:53 AM

How are you feeling?

Quoting LGAll65: And this is not " your" post ! 😂😂😂😂
Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting LGAll65: I learned from the best --you .' Now just mind your own business and do not inquire about my account . You're intrusive and inappropriate .
Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting LGAll65: I thought about it but then I knew I'd miss the really cool and intelligent moms who post here . I did not say I was going to cancel my account. Possibly you have some difficulty reading ? Need glasses ? And you might need some social skills too .
Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting romalove:

HOW???

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM
That has nothing to do with Trump's mischaracterization of the Clapper call.

Quoting Carpy: There is no evidence on the. Clapper clarified that this was not an intelligence community document as the media tried to pass off. The Intel community also stated they found no evidence of Trump's lawyer going to Russia. The document is also a paid opposition research paper which was not used by the Hillary campaign because it was false.

Quoting romalove:

I always like to give clarification if I can through examples, I'm not sure why that would offend you.

Of course you didn't address it either, so I guess you're sticking to your "media dishonest/Trump trustable" scenario no matter what the evidence says.

Quoting Carpy: I don't need "examples".

Quoting romalove:

I'm going to give you an example of why we can't just listen to Trump.

You know, because he's a great big giant liar.

He tweeted today that Clapper called him yesterday to denouce the "false and fictitious report that was illegally circulated".  In fact, Clapper only called him to tell him that the U.S. intelligence agencies were not the source of the leak, and that they had not made any judgment on the reliability of the allegations.

What makes Trump so dangerous are his supporters who are willing to choose believing him over any source that disagrees with him because he's labeled them all liars.

His power can be infinite if all you do is trust him.

Quoting romalove:

Absolute bullshit.

There are tons of mainstream media sources, and people can look at them and hopefully critically evaluate.  There is far, far more danger in our president telling people to trust only him and not the media, than in a free media.  BTW, your saying it's an "extremely dishonest media" doesn't mean that's true.  I think all the media has slants, and that's why you need to look at more than one source.  But facts don't change in general, and you can parse that out if you're paying attention.

But if Trump says "shoot the messenger" leaving him as the only messenger, we are truly f'd.

Quoting Carpy: There is an equally great danger for our REPUBLIC, with an extremely dishonest media.

Quoting romalove:

There is great danger for our democracy with a president who tells the populace, with the level of venom that Trump has, that the media are all deceitful and liars and don't believe them.  I watched him point them out at his rallies, telling everyone look at them back there, they're no good, all liars.  

Who do we trust?  Just take Trump's word for anything?  Or Trump approved media outlets?

Surely there has to be a balance where we don't blindly follow anyone or anything, but this trashing of the media is outrageous and dangerous.  

Quoting Carpy: People already distrust the media, they are the water boy for the progressive elite. He just took them on and exposed it more.

Quoting romalove:

This has nothing to do with liberal tears.

It's annoying having to repeatedly tell you this has nothing to do with conservative or liberal.  Many of us who can't stand Trump don't even think he's a conservative, since he's been a liberal most of his life.

This is about Trump, who he is as a human being, and what it means for the country to have him leading it.

Regarding checks and balances....which ones???  He has a House and Senate that are both full of Republicans who are completely blind and think he's a Republican because he has now said he is, who are ready to rubber stamp any foolishness he comes up with, who want to dismantle oversight and ram through anything because they can.  He's spent a good amount of time destroying trust in the press, which of course is supposed to be another check and balance, because if he tells people they can't trust the media, he thinks they will know to only trust him.

The sky IS falling, we just have to see how much damage that entails.

Quoting Lisa1273:

All these liberal tears ..... I just can't take it!  LOL

Stop ..... everything will be fine.  Your acting like the sky is falling.  There are checks & balances in place for a reason.

Get a grip!

american flag ribbon

LGAll65
by on Jan. 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Wonderful . How about you?

Quoting VooDooB:

How are you feeling?

Quoting LGAll65: And this is not " your" post !
😂😂😂😂

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting LGAll65: I learned from the best --you .'
Now just mind your own business and do not inquire about my account . You're intrusive and inappropriate .

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting LGAll65: I thought about it but then I knew I'd miss the really cool and intelligent moms who post here . I did not say I was going to cancel my account.
Possibly you have some difficulty reading ? Need glasses ?
And you might need some social skills too .

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting romalove:

HOW???

VooDooB
by GIF Giver on Jan. 12, 2017 at 11:01 AM

I actually have a horrible cold. Or maybe a sinus infection or something. My face hurts.

Quoting LGAll65: Wonderful . How about you?
Quoting VooDooB:

How are you feeling?

Quoting LGAll65: And this is not " your" post ! 😂😂😂😂
Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting romalove:

HOW???

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM
I doubt it. I know I'm not going to. It's like a stiff neck if you don't move and look straight ahead it doesn't hurt too bad and you start to forget for a second and then you move and the pains snaps you back to reality. It's going to be brutally long 4 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)