Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This JUST asked of attorney general on Capitol Hill "Is grabbing a woman by her genitals considered sexual assault?"

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

Jeff Sessions says it is

by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LGAll65
by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes . Well that's encouraging isn't it?

So Now that Sessions said that, will Trump Want to choose someone else ?
😊
4ofSpades
by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Nah. He's saying what people want to hear. That was clear when he was asked about people's religious beliefs interfering with their jobs.

Quoting LGAll65: Yes . Well that's encouraging isn't it? So Now that Sessions said that, will Trump Want to choose someone else ? 😊

LGAll65
by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahhh, I see. I should have watched it all .
I watched about 2minutes of that and couldn't handle his voice so I just switched channels.
What did he say about religious beliefs and people's jobs?

I guess saying what people want to hear is a trend among Trump and his cronies .
Ugh.

Quoting 4ofSpades:

Nah. He's saying what people want to hear. That was clear when he was asked about people's religious beliefs interfering with their jobs.

Quoting LGAll65: Yes . Well that's encouraging isn't it?

So Now that Sessions said that, will Trump Want to choose someone else ?

�

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Trump’s pick for Attorney General says grabbing a woman by her genitals is not sexual assault

6235840117_6fd68f13a5_z

Jeff Sessions. Image via Gage Skidmore under Creative Commons 2.0

Donald Trump announced that Jeff Sessions will be the next Attorney General. Sessions is a conservative who was elected Senator and Attorney General in Alabama. He does have decades of experience, but also has said some terrible things.

Sessions was actually nominated for a federal judgeship under President Reagan, but his nomination was rejected due to his racist remarks. Sessions has openly claimed that the ACLU and NAACP were “un-American.” He also called Thomas Figures, an African American federal prosecutor, “boy.” Sessions also said that Ku Klux Klan was “fine” until he learned they smoked pot. Sessions later said this was a joke.

Beyond the racism, Sessions had some awful remarks regarding Trump’s comments about sexual assault. When Trump famously said he would grab women by their genitals, Sessions defended it:

“I don’t characterize that as sexual assault. I think that’s a stretch. I don’t know what he meant.”

“So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that’s not sexual assault?” the reporter asked Sessions.

“I don’t know,” the senator replied. “It’s not clear that he — how that would occur.”

This man seems atrociously bigoted and will be our next Attorney General. Some liberals have pleaded to “give Trump a chance” but picks like this make it really hard to do so. Session’s views belong in a sad section of a history book, not the White House.

numbr1wmn
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:26 PM

WAit. HE did say it was or he said it wasn't please clarify this

Quoting Cenedra64:

Trump’s pick for Attorney General says grabbing a woman by her genitals is not sexual assault

6235840117_6fd68f13a5_z

Donald Trump announced that Jeff Sessions will be the next Attorney General. Sessions is a conservative who was elected Senator and Attorney General in Alabama. He does have decades of experience, but also has said some terrible things.

Sessions was actually nominated for a federal judgeship under President Reagan, but his nomination was rejected due to his racist remarks. Sessions has openly claimed that the ACLU and NAACP were “un-American.” He also called Thomas Figures, an African American federal prosecutor, “boy.” Sessions also said that Ku Klux Klan was “fine” until he learned they smoked pot. Sessions later said this was a joke.

Beyond the racism, Sessions had some awful remarks regarding Trump’s comments about sexual assault. When Trump famously said he would grab women by their genitals, Sessions defended it:

“I don’t characterize that as sexual assault. I think that’s a stretch. I don’t know what he meant.”

“So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that’s not sexual assault?” the reporter asked Sessions.

“I don’t know,” the senator replied. “It’s not clear that he — how that would occur.”

This man seems atrociously bigoted and will be our next Attorney General. Some liberals have pleaded to “give Trump a chance” but picks like this make it really hard to do so. Session’s views belong in a sad section of a history book, not the White House.

LGAll65
by on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
So now he says it's NOT sexual assault?
That sounds more like him.
Disgusting.

Quoting Cenedra64:

6235840117_6fd68f13a5_z

Donald Trump announced that Jeff Sessions will be the next Attorney General.
Sessions is a conservative who was elected Senator and Attorney General
in Alabama. He does have decades of experience, but also has said some
terrible things.

Sessions was actually nominated for a federal judgeship under President Reagan, but his nomination was rejected due to his racist remarks. Sessions
has openly claimed that the ACLU and NAACP were “un-American.” He also
called Thomas Figures, an African American federal prosecutor, “boy.”
Sessions also said that Ku Klux Klan was “fine” until he learned they
smoked pot. Sessions later said this was a joke.

Beyond the
racism, Sessions had some awful remarks regarding Trump’s comments about
sexual assault. When Trump famously said he would grab women by their
genitals, Sessions defended it:

This
man seems atrociously bigoted and will be our next Attorney General.
Some liberals have pleaded to “give Trump a chance” but picks like this
make it really hard to do so. Session’s views belong in a sad section of
a history book, not the White House.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:29 PM

I just put it up here so we could all read what was going on.  I hadn't heard of it till i opened this post.  Reading comments I was confused what they were talking about.   Everybody can research and draw their own conclusions

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting Cenedra64:

6235840117_6fd68f13a5_z

numbr1wmn
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM

He said in the session touching a woman in the genitals that was not consensual is rape and it is.  Making a crude comment is NOT rape. Dumb but not rape

Quoting Cenedra64:

I just put it up here so we could all read what was going on.  I hadn't heard of it till i opened this post.  Reading comments I was confused what they were talking about.   Everybody can research and draw their own conclusions

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting Cenedra64:

6235840117_6fd68f13a5_z

numbr1wmn
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:32 PM

OP is talking about today not NOvember

Quoting Cenedra64:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting Cenedra64:

6235840117_6fd68f13a5_z

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2017 at 3:35 PM
5 moms liked this
Nobody wants to research, they prefer to believe bullshit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)