Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So how exactly does this work out for you, Trump voters ?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Sif
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
birth control pills

Photo via shawshot/Getty Images (Licensed)

BTW

Last night’s egregious Senate vote to dismantle the Affordable Care Act (ACA) spelled out numerous consequences for millions of Americans. Republicans voted unanimously against many amendments—from permitting children under the age of 26 to stay on their parent's health plan to prohibiting health insurance companies from refusing people with pre-existing conditions. Another was introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand to protect women’s health care, including “contraceptive counseling, birth control, and maternity care, and primary and preventive health care.”

No-copay birth control was a hallmark of ACA, allowing 55 million women to have more control over their bodies. Now insurance companies would no longer be required to cover contraceptives, and pregnancy would be considered a “pre-existing condition.” Gillibrand

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:45 AM
4 moms liked this
I will wait for replies. The typical of course. "Pull yourself up by your boot straps!" "I shouldn't have to pay for her mistake!" "I did it on my own" (back in the 90s when you could have an unskilled job and still buy a house and make ends meet). "All liberals want are handouts! They don't want to work for anything!"

Did I cover them all?
Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I will wait for replies. The typical of course. "Pull yourself up by your boot straps!" "I shouldn't have to pay for her mistake!" "I did it on my own" (back in the 90s when you could have an unskilled job and still buy a house and make ends meet). "All liberals want are handouts! They don't want to work for anything!" Did I cover them all?

Yeah, I'm expecting that... But I want to know if the end goal is worth it...

If the maternal death rate goes up, the fetal death rate goes up, abortions go up, and demand on government resources go up... Is that worth fighting for insurance not to cover birth control and winning ?

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

You are going to hear about personal responsibility.

Women are supposed to wait until they are married and can afford to have babies before having sex.  That would solve the birth control, abortion, and welfare issues.

And if people were perfect, it would be so awesome!  But they aren't, so....

quickbooksworm
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:56 AM
9 moms liked this
The fact that the GOP and supporters of the ACA repeal are ok with people actually dying from lack of healthcare tells me everything I need to know. They are disgusting.

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I will wait for replies. The typical of course. "Pull yourself up by your boot straps!" "I shouldn't have to pay for her mistake!" "I did it on my own" (back in the 90s when you could have an unskilled job and still buy a house and make ends meet). "All liberals want are handouts! They don't want to work for anything!"

Did I cover them all?

If the maternal death rate goes up, the fetal death rate goes up, abortions go up, and demand on government resources go up... Is that worth fighting for insurance not to cover birth control and winning ?

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this
To answer your question, yes. It's all about winning which means defeating the other side. It doesn't matter what the issue is, just win.

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I will wait for replies. The typical of course. "Pull yourself up by your boot straps!" "I shouldn't have to pay for her mistake!" "I did it on my own" (back in the 90s when you could have an unskilled job and still buy a house and make ends meet). "All liberals want are handouts! They don't want to work for anything!"

Did I cover them all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

It's interesting to note that the abortion rate dropped rather significantly after the passage of the ACA.  

In 2008 the rate of abortion was 16 per 1000 pregnancies.  That rate in 2013 was 12.5 per 1000 women aged 15-44.

In 2010 the year the ACA was implemented the rate of abortion dropped to 14.6 per 1000 women aged 15-44.  The ACA was implmented in Marcy 2010.  

I cannot reconcile how people against abortion can also be against providing access to affordable birth control.  

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Religion

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

It's interesting to note that the abortion rate dropped rather significantly after the passage of the ACA.  

In 2008 the rate of abortion was 16 per 1000 pregnancies.  That rate in 2013 was 12.5 per 1000 women aged 15-44.  

I cannot reconcile how people against abortion can also be against providing access to affordable birth control.  

Seracake
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:12 AM

I voted for Trump and I'm a PA. I hope he doesn't end OC before a new plan and I really hope he keeps certain parts of OC. You'd be surprised at the number of people who are on the right who want to keep parts of OC, it seems to be mostly politicians who are on the get rid of all of it train.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:12 AM

One more way religion is a shackle that holds people down.  

Quoting romalove:

Religion

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

ReadWriteLuv
by Khaleesi on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its disgusting that they did away with the pre-existing condition clause. I'm not a fan of the ACA, never have been, but that part was something that not even I could argue was not a positive. I feel bad for people. I feel even worse that many people across the country don't even know yet that they have been dropped or will not be covered. 

BTW, didn't Trump explicitly say himself that he was in favor of keeping, and wouldn't repeal,  the children under 26 and pre-existing conditions clauses? Was I hearing things there?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)