Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you worry someone could hack your computer's camera?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

Just curious. Do you believe someone could potentially hack into your computers webcam and then spy on you/observe you through it from their computer? 

So I could be being watched right now as I type this?  I saw recently that Mark Zuckerburg had tape over his camera on his laptop, leading me to believe he thinks the threat is real.

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Yes.
MissAndree
by Ronita on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM

It is certainly possible, but it isn't something I am personally concerned about. 

If someone hacked my webcam to spy on me, they would quit after about 5 minutes so as not to die from boredom. 

quickbooksworm
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Is it possible? Absolutely. It's not even a question. It actually does happen.

Am I personally concerned about it? Not really. They'd watch me doing homework or watching something on Hulu. I close the computer when I sleep and don't change in front of it anyway. If someone hacked it they'd be immediately bored and leave.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! I keep a post-it note over the camera on my laptop. The IT guy keeps telling me I don't need it but I refuse to remove it. Now my boss and one co-worker have a post-it over their cameras too. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid about it but cautious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:40 AM

ditto.  Unless I am using it to skype, it is kept covered.

Quoting coolmommy2x: Haha! I keep a post-it note over the camera on my laptop. The IT guy keeps telling me I don't need it but I refuse to remove it. Now my boss and one co-worker have a post-it over their cameras too. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid about it but cautious.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Bingo they would be oh nothing fancy as they watch me play WoW, write notes, love on my fur baby,, and the rest of my family, oh and definitely kissing hubby they would be bored

Quoting MissAndree:

It is certainly possible, but it isn't something I am personally concerned about. 

If someone hacked my webcam to spy on me, they would quit after about 5 minutes so as not to die from boredom. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)