Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump speaks with entertainer Steve Harvey about helping U.S. cities

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  • 54 Replies
President-elect Donald Trump and Housing Secretary-designate Ben Carson spoke with entertainer and talk show host Steve Harvey on Friday to discuss an effort by the incoming administration to seek positive changes in U.S. inner cities.

"He said he wanted to do something," Harvey told reporters after the meeting in Trump Tower. "They have a plan for the inner cities but they need some help and so that's why they called me. So we'll see what I can do."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14X2DE?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58794f0f04d30114ea5b7c9c&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe it.  Republicans don't help inner cities or the poor. 

wymama610
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Eva.Destruction
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM
5 moms liked this
Remember this is the same Steve Harvey who crowned
the wrong Miss Universe.

For all we know he probably thought he was meeting
with Clinton.

But in all seriousness, It truly bothers me that celebrities are the go-to people for discussions about the social, economic, and polítical welfare of the people. Not say that that they can't talk to them at all about issues, but converse with people who are actually living the problems day in and day out. Talk to the principal in a school district that lost half of their funding, talk to a doctor that works in a high crime rate area, etc.
Missus_Mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol. Seriously??

What have Democrats done except made promises in exchange for free stuff?

I am not sure what federal government can do.  To help inner cities, communties have to step up to help out.  The answer is more local than federal.  It starts with rolling up your sleeves and helping out schools and after school programs. Helping in your community with child care of homework help.  It doesn't matter if you lean left or right it isn't going to change until communities start to change.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

MrsHMS
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:15 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't agree. I watch a documentary about all the money in Detroit school district called a national discrace. There was money for the kids, but the teachers and schoolboard, folks in charge stole it all. I think Steve Harvey is as good as anyone. He's successful and as a good moral compass. You don't know in which capacity he'll be used. I'm hopeful. Have you ever seen Mr Trump work? He will follow the maids on his hotel and want the Task then do the task himself to see the challenges. He takes on every role to get an understanding and then makes decisions based on his understanding. He is an Exceptional problem solver.

Quoting Eva.Destruction: Remember this is the same Steve Harvey who crowned
the wrong Miss Universe.

with Clinton.

But in all seriousness, It truly bothers me that celebrities are the go-to people for discussions about the social, economic, and polítical welfare of the people. Not say that that they can't talk to them at all about issues, but converse with people who are actually living the problems day in and day out. Talk to the principal in a school district that lost half of their funding, talk to a doctor that works in a high crime rate area, etc.
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this

All the social services that were enacted in the 70's have been systematically cut and eliminated by the republicans.  Before the tax cuts that eliminated most of the tax money, the federal government had more money to give to states for social programs and education.  But that all stopped when Reagan cut the tax rate and the highest tax rate on the wealthy is a paltry 39%

Quoting Missus_Mom:

Lol. Seriously??

I am not sure what federal government can do.  To help inner cities, communties have to step up to help out.  The answer is more local than federal.  It starts with rolling up your sleeves and helping out schools and after school programs. Helping in your community with child care of homework help.  It doesn't matter if you lean left or right it isn't going to change until communities start to change.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM

he was probably as surprised as we are that he was asked, but you know only African Americans know poverty - no such thing as a poor white merican you all know that right?  The Blacks, he loves the Blacks, he is the bigliest lover of the Blacks

Eva.Destruction
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:24 PM
I don't disagreee, Detroit is an entire different issue altogether from Democrats to Republicans give not two damns about their people.
Quoting MrsHMS: I don't agree. I watch a documentary about all the money in Detroit school district called a national discrace. There was money for the kids, but the teachers and schoolboard, folks in charge stole it all. I think Steve Harvey is as good as anyone. He's successful and as a good moral compass. You don't know in which capacity he'll be used. I'm hopeful. Have you ever seen Mr Trump work? He will follow the maids on his hotel and want the Task then do the task himself to see the challenges. He takes on every role to get an understanding and then makes decisions based on his understanding. He is an Exceptional problem solver.

Quoting Eva.Destruction: Remember this is the same Steve Harvey who crowned
the wrong Miss Universe.

with Clinton.

Missus_Mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM
Sigh.
Food stamps, section 8, title 20 childcare, wic, medicaid, headstart, EIC are all alive and well.

The answer to poverty, inner city crime etc isn't going to come from the federal government it is going to come from local communities.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

All the social services that were enacted in the 70's have been systematically cut and eliminated by the republicans.  Before the tax cuts that eliminated most of the tax money, the federal government had more money to give to states for social programs and education.  But that all stopped when Reagan cut the tax rate and the highest tax rate on the wealthy is a paltry 39%

Quoting Missus_Mom:

Lol. Seriously??

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
So now we're supposed to listen to and rely on celebrities to fix our country? I can't keep up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)