Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An Open letter to Meryl Streep

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:36 PM
  • 250 Replies
1 mom liked this
This is how I feel.
I like Meryl Streep. Did not like her speech, but unlike others, I will not say shut up. And this open letter doesn't either
http://www.lifezette.com/popzette/letter-to-meryl-streep/
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LGAll65
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:41 PM
13 moms liked this
I like Meryl Streep . She's intelligent and is not afraid to express her thoughts .
I respect her and support everything she said in her speech. It was an ideal opportunity and venue in which to speak out on this subject.'
I applaud her .
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It wasn't the point of the post.
It's a different perspective of what someone thought of her speech and the letter wasn't rude or nasty.

Quoting LGAll65: I like Meryl Streep . She's intelligent and is not afraid to express her thoughts .
I respect her and support everything she said in her speech. It was an ideal opportunity and venue in which to speak out on this subject.'
I applaud her .
LGAll65
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I didn't even comment on the blog .
I just expressed my opinion of Meryl . And her feelings.

Quoting billsfan1104: It wasn't the point of the post.
It's a different perspective of what someone thought of her speech and the letter wasn't rude or nasty.

Quoting LGAll65: I like Meryl Streep . She's intelligent and is not afraid to express her thoughts .
I applaud her .
Ms.KitKat
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:51 PM
15 moms liked this

It's a shame you did not post the letter . Anyway - the author fails to recognize that Meryl was not performing . She was not playing a role . We saw her . The person . That was her truth that she shared . That was Meryl the person . Not Meryl playing a character . 

She did not attack trump . She stood up and was a voice for many who have been silenced . Real actual people . Truth . 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:06 PM
6 moms liked this

IM NOT CLICKING ON ANY OF YOUR LINKS....

IS THIS REAL?  SOURCES PLEASE.  

FAKE MEDIA NOISES.

TOO MUCH OF THIS STUFF IS JUST FAKE CRAP INVENTED BY THE CONSERVATIVES

IF A LIBERAL POSTED THIS IT WOULD BE CONDEMNED AS FAKE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  SOUND FAMILIAR?

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't post it from my phone.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

It's a shame you did not post the letter .
Anyway - the author fails to recognize that Meryl was not performing . She was not playing a role . We saw her . The person . That was her truth that she shared . That was Meryl the person . Not Meryl playing a character . 

She did not attack trump . She stood up and was a voice for many who have been silenced . Real actual people . Truth . 

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 4:47 AM
No one has been silenced.
and who are the actual real people?? People who think only like liberals??

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

It's a shame you did not post the letter .
Anyway - the author fails to recognize that Meryl was not performing . She was not playing a role . We saw her . The person . That was her truth that she shared . That was Meryl the person . Not Meryl playing a character . 

bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:34 AM
15 moms liked this

I feel that you have to stand up to bigotry, racism, antisemitism. Islamophobia, mysogyny, and the KKK and other neo-nazi groups,   to stand up to people who mock the disabled, say that POWs are not heroes because they got caught, and stand up for Gold Star families, not put them down because they believe in a different religion. and stand up for the constitution. She took the opportunity and her celebrity to do just that.   All the people, all of them, who voted for Trump voted in support of or lack of support for the people I just mentioned.  There is no excuse for how they voted - it is atrocious and despicable and the letter to me is just another cover for the people who voted this way.  "Oh we voted for him because we wanted someone to clean up the white house and govt", etc.  It's a load of bullshit.  There is nothing that he has said or done that would support the other reasons people say they voted for him.  He is a disgusting, illiterate,dangerous, moron and everyone who voted for him, put that pig in the White House, along with his racist, misogynist, greedy cronies.   

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:37 AM
5 moms liked this
I think the author of this open letter is very histrionic and played his role rather poorly.
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:40 AM
4 moms liked this
I do understand the pressures of long-term depression, but Trump is ultimately inexcusable. Streep was definitely in the right.

Writing a public letter asking for empathy for voting for Trump? Histrionic & poorly played.

Quoting bluefirewolf:

I feel that you have to stand up to bigotry, racism, antisemitism. Islamophobia, mysogyny, and the KKK and other neo-nazi groups,   to stand up to people who mock the disabled, say that POWs are not heroes because they got caught, and stand up for Gold Star families, not put them down because they believe in a different religion. and stand up for the constitution. She took the opportunity and her celebrity to do just that.   All the people, all of them, who voted for Trump voted in support of or lack of support for the people I just mentioned.  There is no excuse for how they voted - it is atrocious and despicable and the letter to me is just another cover for the people who voted this way.  "Oh we voted for him because we wanted someone to clean up the white house and govt", etc.  It's a load of bullshit.  There is nothing that he has said or done that would support the other reasons people say they voted for him.  He is a disgusting, illiterate,dangerous, moron and everyone who voted for him, put that pig in the White House, along with his racist, misogynist, greedy cronies.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)