Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lions and tigers and bears...OH MY!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM
KK
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

Betsy DeVos Says Guns Should Be Allowed in Schools. They Might Be Needed to Shoot Grizzlies.

During her confirmation hearing Tuesday evening, Donald Trump’s nominee to head the Department of Education, Betsy DeVos, said that guns should be allowed in America’s schools as long as the locals said it was cool and that she would support the president-elect’s plan to get rid of gun-free school zones. DeVos’ reasoning was your typical it’s “best left to locales and states to decide,” but she chose to back that reasoning up with the hypothetical that in Wyoming “there is probably a gun in the schools to protect from potential grizzlies.”

The grizzly bear defense. That's a new one.

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:59 AM
6 moms liked this

She is probably the most unqualified person he has put forth, and that's saying a lot considering the caliber of people he has up for various positions.

The very idea of putting someone in charge of the Department of Education who is actively against public education is frightening.  

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM
Everyone there was tired of her shit.
Probably even the damn grizzlies
😂
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
There is something about this woman who makes me fear that she will do something seriously fucked, like kill someone for being gay or trans, and use the twinkie defense. But probably just because she used the grizzly defense of school guns. I just don't trust idiots running education.
PamR
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:32 AM

She actually said that.  It boggles the mind.

This woman is so woefully unqualified for the job, she should just bow out and save herself further embarrassment. 

I'm sure there are qualified people out there who are conservatives.  Why can't Trump seem to find any of them?

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this

Because his goal is to blow up all the departments so he can restructure them to do what he wants.

Every appointment, or almost every, is either against the department he's asking them to head or is clueless about the department he is asking them to head.  

Quoting PamR:

This woman is so woefully unqualified for the job, she should just bow out and save herself further embarrassment. 

I'm sure there are qualified people out there who are conservatives.  Why can't Trump seem to find any of them?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

She gave Trump money for his campaign.

This is her reward.

Fixing DC?

Draining the swamp?

This is what the 25% wanted?

PamR
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM

And after he blows up the departments, what then?  Education is already in a sad state.  We need this woman to "fix" it?

Quoting romalove:

Because his goal is to blow up all the departments so he can restructure them to do what he wants.

Every appointment, or almost every, is either against the department he's asking them to head or is clueless about the department he is asking them to head.  

Quoting PamR:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Now she is saying that states shouldn't have to comply with the 1990 Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. 

Quoting PamR:

And after he blows up the departments, what then?  Education is already in a sad state.  We need this woman to "fix" it?

Quoting romalove:

Quoting PamR:

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM

No

First she destroys

Then he gets to tell her how to make it the way he wants it to be

Same as every other department

Quoting PamR:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting PamR:

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
She's awful...I could only watch a small portion before feeling disgusted and depressed about how she's going to screw things up. I guess $200 million dollars buys you the rights to gut public ed and disenfranchise low income children. The goal seems to be the dreaded "2 Americas" that the left has been fearing for quite some time now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)