Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Shot at Memorial For Victim of Chicago Gun Violence

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:49 AM
  • 4 Replies
Six people, including a 12-year-old girl, were shot Wednesday night on Chicago's South Side during a memorial for a victim of a previous act of gun violence, police said.

The shootings occurred about 8:16 p.m. in the city’s Greater Grand Crossing community in a "business establishment" on the 500 block of East 75th Street, Chicago police said.

Community activist Jedidiah Brown told reporters that "the opposition" to those attending the memorial came through an alley before opening fire on the group of mourners. He added that the mother of the person being memorialized was also among the victims, though police have not confirmed that information.

A 12-year-old girl suffered a graze wound to the head from a bullet, police said, and was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital, where her condition had stabilized.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/five-shot-park-manor-chicago-411822845.html
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
crochetnewb
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:53 AM
Why would any opposed a memorial for a person? I hope the mother wasnt a victim of this senseless act of violence and that girl makes it with no negative effects from this.
TheFairest
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Chicago is out of control. Not even mourning your loved ones death is sacred.
SRUsarahSC
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Retaliation. The gangs are in charge in Chicago

Quoting crochetnewb: Why would any opposed a memorial for a person? I hope the mother wasnt a victim of this senseless act of violence and that girl makes it with no negative effects from this.
btamilee2750
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:18 AM

....I cannot imagine the fear of those living in some of the areas impacted by the gangs.  One of my daughters college friends is from Chicago, she decided to go back home and take a break from college and things are so bad she made the decision to not go back to her own home because things are so out of control in her neighborhood and instead...is staying with a relative in a safer part of the city.  One of her brothers has already been shot once in a gang related shooting.  He did live, but I cannot imagine living with that kind of fear every single minute of your life.  Emanuel is not doing anything to stop this. 

Quoting TheFairest: Chicago is out of control. Not even mourning your loved ones death is sacred.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)