Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump calls Chelsea Manning an 'ungrateful TRAITOR' for criticizing Obama

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:53 AM
  • 16 Replies
President Trump called former Army intelligence officer Chelsea Manning an "ungrateful TRAITOR' in an early morning tweet Thursday and said she never should have had her sentence commuted.

"Ungrateful TRAITOR Chelsea Manning, who should never have been released from prison, is now calling President Obama a weak leader. Terrible!" Trump tweeted.

Obama commuted Manning's sentence in one of his last acts in office last week. Manning had been sentenced to 35 years in prison for leaking thousands of Army documents on the Iraq war.

In a column in The Guardian, Manning said Obama was too willing to compromise and instead an "unapologetic progressive leader" is needed.

Stay abreast of the latest developments from nation's capital and beyond with curated News Alerts from the Washington Examiner news desk and delivered to your inbox.

Manning's supporters believed she was sentenced unfairly and was being punished for Edward Snowden's release of hundreds of thousands of documents on the National Security Agency's mass data collection program. Snowden managed to escape to Hong Kong and then to Moscow instead of facing charges in the United States.

Manning faced a court martial, allowing a military judge to sentence her to a term in prison several orders longer than she would have faced in a civilian court.

She's set to be released from prison later on this year.

Trump's use of the word "traitor" will likely be controversial, as it's gotten him in a legal tangle already with another high-profile Army court case.

Attorneys for Army Private First Class Bowe Bergdahl argued in court last week that the desertion case against him should be dropped because Trump has repeatedly called Bergdahl a traitor for leaving his post.

They argued that calling someone a traitor means accusing them of treason, a legal term, and Trump was denying Bergdahl his due process rights to a fair trial by presuming guilt of a crime with which Bergdahl had not been charged.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-calls-chelsea-manning-an-ungrateful-traitor-for-criticizing-obama/article/2613017
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:12 AM
3 moms liked this

I take it I'm not the only one who finds Trump supposedly "coming to the defense of Obama" amusing.

Trump should learn from how Obama comported himself while under attack, rather than learning his lessons from watching 5th graders in a school playground.

GloriousChaos
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:15 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm sorry, but this individual is disturbed and likely trying to cozy up to Trump by criticizing Obama.

Manning should learn the time honored tradition of thinking before speaking.

Dumbass
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Trump is Manning's president now and as such, he shouldn't call her (or anyone he represents) out on Twitter.
joyfree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Cowardly punk ass schmoozer. What a sleazy little backstabber.

Eh, she'll get hers eventually.
helen491
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
She thought she was sucking up to the President and he knocked that thought out of her head.
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:07 AM
4 moms liked this
Wow, that is ungrateful!! She's free to voice her opinion about the type of leader she'd like to have, but it's tacky as fuck to voice it in a way that insults the person who showed you some compassion. 😡

Alright, Trump...a point for you on this one. He may have only said something to highlight that he thinks Obama made a mistake in this commutation, but he did so in a way that somewhat showed respect for Obama. Which is more than I would've imagined him doing before reading this. Hmm...maybe half a point, instead. 😉
msb64
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM

And Trump has now made Assange angry.  Hmmm.  Perhaps that was not a beast he should have poked?

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Hmmm?

I saw this tweet on my twitter feed.

Also nice to see Trump stand up for president Obama.You can say what you want about Obama...but he is a good man.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Quoting broboxer: Trump has repeatedly called Bergdahl a traitor for leaving his post. They argued that calling someone a traitor means accusing them of treason, a legal term, and Trump was denying Bergdahl his due process rights to a fair trial by presuming guilt of a crime with which Bergdahl had not been charged. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-calls-chelsea-manning-an-ungrateful-traitor-for-criticizing-obama/article/2613017

Thats your guy right?  You pleased with the skill set he brings?  Specifically are you pleased and secure with his communication skills?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

So she is ungrateful and I am glad Trump defended Obama.  I dont know if it really means anything tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)