• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

President of Mexico cancels next week's meeting with Trump...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM
  • 252 Replies
2 moms liked this

....via twitter. 

sidesplittinglaughter

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:09 PM
12 moms liked this
I actually think that is great and very funny. Best way to get ahold of our commander in tweets.
VooDooB
by The Corrupter on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM

'We Demand Respect': Mexican President Responds to Trump's Executive Orders

UPDATE: President Nieto has cancelled his meeting with President Trump.

***Original Post***

With the swipe of a pen on Wednesday, President Trump green lighted the construction of a border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and vastly increased the presence of border agents. Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto soon expressed regret over the new U.S. leader's actions and pledged to protect Mexicans already in the States. 

"Where there is a Mexican migrant at risk that requires our support, your country should be there," Peña Nieto said in a brief address to his nation, which he said was a response to Trump's actions earlier in the day.

"Our communities are not alone," Peña Nieto said. "The Mexican Government will provide them with the legal advice, which guarantees the protection they require.

The 50 Mexican consulates in the U.S. will be advocating on behalf of Mexicans, Nieto explained. He added (again) that he does not intend to pay for Trump's border wall. 

"Mexico offers and demands respect as the fully sovereign nation we are," he insisted. 

Nieto is apparently so distressed by Trump's executive actions that he is considering canceling their scheduled meeting for next week, where they were due to discuss not only immigration, but trade. 

Trump said that if Nieto is not willing to pay for the wall, he can go ahead and cancel.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/01/26/mexican-president-responds-to-trumps-executive-orders-on-immigration-n2277153?utm_content=buffer4f974&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:13 PM
6 moms liked this
Right?!? It appears to be the best way to reach him. If that doesn't work, he can email one of his aides through the RNC server. 😉

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I actually think that is great and very funny. Best way to get ahold of our commander in tweets.
Mrs.KAZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM
4 moms liked this
That seems about right. I didn't beleive everything was as honkey dorey as Trump made it sound. He needs to tread lightly if he wants to renegotiate NAFTA.

Personally I think the wall is a waste. I would rather see the money go to more agents and bolstering and strengthening what we have, and adding to it.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:34 PM
8 moms liked this

And Trump will tweet:

President of MX  busy gathering funds to pay for wall- will reschedule meeting once funds are secured.

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:41 PM
9 moms liked this
And when that doesn't happen, we'll see: MX president is unfunny and over rated. Doesn't even have gold toilets. Sad

Quoting Sisteract:

And Trump will tweet:

President of MX  busy gathering funds to pay for wall- will reschedule meeting once funds are secured.

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:43 PM
6 moms liked this
I wonder if the people supporting him know how valuable international alliances are...
Do they care?
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Because he's a really terrific guy. Really terrific, I mean that.

Quoting Sisteract:

And Trump will tweet:

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:55 PM
5 moms liked this

It was nice having a good relationship with our neighbors to the South for a while, wasn't it?

Eva.Destruction
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:59 PM
7 moms liked this
He about to do more damage in one month than bush did in his entire first term Why does he think he can just bully other world leaders?

I think his deals with companies got him big headed, not realizing he's giving companies what they want huge tax breaks. What is he giving Mexico, except trying to take food out their people's mouth by paying 30 billion for a stupid wall?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)