Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a quick cooking question?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
I came home and my stove is not working. I'm going to have someone look at it Friday but in the meantime does ground turkey cook well in a crock pot? I want to make chili. I have had it for years but have never used it. Thanks in Advance
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MysticLove
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:00 PM

I don't think that it would brown properly. It should cook all the way through, but might not taste the same. Is it just the stove top or the oven as well? If you can use the oven, that might be better to cook the meat.

cheesy82082
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I make chili with turkey all the time, turns out great. I would defiantly find a way to brown it first.

Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:04 PM
I don't think it's safe to cook ground meat in the crock pot. And I don't think it would come out well.

Does your oven work? If it does the temp might be safe. The texture would be different though.
helen491
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Both. So I should brown the meat in my roaster oven then cook the chili in a crock pot. Thank you.

Quoting MysticLove:

I don't think that it would brown properly. It should cook all the way through, but might not taste the same. Is it just the stove top or the oven as well? If you can use the oven, that might be better to cook the meat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)