• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Venus, 36, and Serena 35, in final of Australian Open

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:04 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm stoked!! I've been watching these two play since their beginnings in the late 90'.... WOW
Venus is the oldest woman to reach the finals of a Grand Slam since Martina Navratilova, in 96? I think!
History will be made, whoever wins!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/tennis/venus-serena-williams-australian-open/index.html
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msb64
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been following them since the late 90s too!  They are so amazing and we just have come to expect the wins without understanding the incredible longevity!  They are super-human, super women:)

SuG4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:09 PM
If you get a chance , watch Venus, after she won her semifinal match today!! It brought tears!

Quoting msb64:

I have been following them since the late 90s too!  They are so amazing and we just have come to expect the wins without understanding the incredible longevity!  They are super-human, super women:)

msb64
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Will do!

Quoting SuG4: If you get a chance , watch Venus, after she won her semifinal match today!! It brought tears!
Quoting msb64:

msb64
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:25 PM

I watched.  What incredible joy, spirit and pride!  She is amazing and it's nice to celebrate that apart from her sister.  Not that Serena is not equally awesome!  

Quoting SuG4: If you get a chance , watch Venus, after she won her semifinal match today!! It brought tears!
Quoting msb64:

SuG4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Tennis crowds LOVE Venus! She has been the classier of the two! She's always composed, and ladylike!! Frankly, I hope she wins! She may never get another shot like this!

Quoting msb64:

I watched.  What incredible joy, spirit and pride!  She is amazing and it's nice to celebrate that apart from her sister.  Not that Serena is not equally awesome!  

Quoting msb64:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My bestie is off to both finals....her son has loved the Williams sisters since their first attendance at the Australian Open.  He is a huge fan of Serena and has photos of the two of them over the years...he is hoping for one with both of them.

I was more of a Venus fan, but  love seeing them together in the final.  Also happy for a Nadal / Federer final.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I love watching these two play.  My boys decided they wanted to learn to play tennis watching Serena play last spring.  

msb64
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a favorite.  Venus plays with finesse and calculation and Serena is amazing power.  Kudos to their dad for not trying to make them into an imalgumation of the two, if that makes sense.  I do hope that Venus wins this year and Serena next.

Quoting SuG4: Tennis crowds LOVE Venus! She has been the classier of the two! She's always composed, and ladylike!! Frankly, I hope she wins! She may never get another shot like this!
Quoting msb64:

Quoting msb64:

SuG4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:42 PM
I watched Federer win today!! He's a lovely man!! Girl... we're going BACK to the future, with both, men and women finals!

Quoting turtle68:

My bestie is off to both finals....her son has loved the Williams sisters since their first attendance at the Australian Open.  He is a huge fan of Serena and has photos of the two of them over the years...he is hoping for one with both of them.

I was more of a Venus fan, but  love seeing them together in the final.  Also happy for a Nadal / Federer final.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't wait!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)