Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Judge orders woman to not get pregnant again

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:24 AM
  • 168 Replies
10 moms liked this

I cannot get the article to load but in Monroe county NY the judge ordered an addict to not get pregnant again all her children are in foster, So until she straightens out her life no more babies. Women's rights groups are all over it saying it is against her rights as a woman blah blah blah. I think it is about time! What do you think?

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GloriousChaos
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:25 AM
21 moms liked this
Has the judge ordered the fathers to get vasectomies?

Why not?
lipsis
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:27 AM
17 moms liked this
I have a friend who took in two foster children. But then the mother kept having more children getting placed with my friend to keep the family intact. She had four kids before the state offered the woman a tubal ligation at no cost to her, which she accepted. I liked the way that was gone about, with consent.
Chelsealynnengl
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:29 AM
10 moms liked this
Part of me says that it's a good reason because she was choosing drugs over her children and prob having more kids to get more money off the state and spending it on drugs

I think this is a good for people who shouldn't have kids (abusive parents addicts and ect)

Another part of me says that i dont know if he can do that... can he make her not have children? If she has one will it be removed and she be jailed? What's the out come if she gets pregnant
Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this
The fathers are likely hiding like the KGB, mafia, ISIS, Hitler's ghost, and and every demon in Hell are after them. The judge is probably thinking it, though.

Quoting GloriousChaos: Has the judge ordered the fathers to get vasectomies?

Why not?
momaof8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:34 AM
3 moms liked this

no one is sterilizing her and she is a prostitute dads are unknown.

Quoting GloriousChaos: Has the judge ordered the fathers to get vasectomies? Why not?

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:36 AM

no one is sterilizing her and she is a prostitute  so no known dads

Quoting Rhodin: The fathers are likely hiding like the KGB, mafia, ISIS, Hitler's ghost, and and every demon in Hell are after them. The judge is probably thinking it, though.
Quoting GloriousChaos: Has the judge ordered the fathers to get vasectomies? Why not?

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:36 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm torn.  

On one hand, she clearly has no business being pregnant and having children right now.

On the other -- I'm very pro choice, so how do I reconcile that with "sure, judge -- you tell her what to do with her body!"  

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:38 AM

no jail it seems no penalty in place if she breaks the order but somehing has to be done

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: Part of me says that it's a good reason because she was choosing drugs over her children and prob having more kids to get more money off the state and spending it on drugs I think this is a good for people who shouldn't have kids (abusive parents addicts and ect) Another part of me says that i dont know if he can do that... can he make her not have children? If she has one will it be removed and she be jailed? What's the out come if she gets pregnant

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know how you deal with it but something has to be done.  She is not being sterilized.

Quoting anxiousschk:

I'm torn.  

On one hand, she clearly has no business being pregnant and having children right now.

On the other -- I'm very pro choice, so how do I reconcile that with "sure, judge -- you tell her what to do with her body!"  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)