Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kid Rock’s Name Tossed Out For Possible Senate Run

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:40 PM
  • 33 Replies

Kid Rock’s Name Tossed Out For Possible Senate Run

Recording artist Kid Rock performs prior to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 57th Annual Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway on February 22, 2015 in Daytona Beach, Florida. (Photo by Robert Laberge/Getty Images)

Among the names being thrown around as a possible Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate … is Kid Rock, according to freep.com. He would have to challenge Debbie Stabenow, a powerful Democrat who has held the seat since 2000.

Tea party activist Wes Nakagiri brought it up over the weekend at the Michigan Republican Party Convention. He suggested the made-in-Michigan rock star would create the same kind of excitement as Donald Trump and believes he could help the GOP reclaim a U.S. Senate seat for the first time in over 20 years.

Kid Rock was an avid supporter of Donald Trump, speaking out on his behalf and appearing at a rally with him. He can sell out stadiums, but does he have that certain “bawitdaba” it takes to legislate?

So far, no comment from Kid Rock.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/02/13/kid-rocks-name-tossed-out-for-possible-senate-run/

Keep up your weird cheese, the cafe appreciates you. 
- Dar

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Lmao. Only republicans would take him as a pick for congress.
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Love Kid Rock, and I don't know any of his music. Lol.

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

He's a pretty smart guy actually.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Lmao. Only republicans would take him as a pick for congress.

Keep up your weird cheese, the cafe appreciates you. 
- Dar

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Most entertainers are however it doesn't mean he should be in politics.

Quoting VooDooB:

He's a pretty smart guy actually.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Lmao. Only republicans would take him as a pick for congress.

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:51 PM

what about john stewart

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Well I wouldnt vote for him, Eddie Vedder would be better in my book :D

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd take Eminem over them both.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Well I wouldnt vote for him, Eddie Vedder would be better in my book :D

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this
John Stewart is great for truthful, yet comedic, narratives on politics. But not a serious political position. Just like when Stephen Colbert started his super PAC. not serious but hilarious.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

what about john stewart

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Kid rock is truthful too.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: John Stewart is great for truthful, yet comedic, narratives on politics. But not a serious political position. Just like when Stephen Colbert started his super PAC. not serious but hilarious.
Quoting numbr1wmn:

what about john stewart

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Yes I may even call hem and others activists.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: John Stewart is great for truthful, yet comedic, narratives on politics. But not a serious political position. Just like when Stephen Colbert started his super PAC. not serious but hilarious.
Quoting numbr1wmn:

what about john stewart

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)