Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chelsea Clinton’s Latest Book On Global Heath Flops

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:41 PM
  • 17 Replies

Chelsea Clinton’s Latest Book On Global Heath Flops

Like mother, like daughter

Chelsea Clinton

Chelsea Clinton / AP

BY:  

Chelsea Clinton's new book that profiles global health organizations opened to terrible sales in its first week on the shelves.

Hillary Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton co-authored Governing Global Health: Who Runs the World and Why? with Devi Sridhar, a professor of Global Public Health at the University of Edinburgh.

Since the book was released on February 9, Governing Global Health has received less than stellar reviews from Amazon.

According to the Best Sellers Rank that lists the top 100 books on Amazon, Chelsea's book ranks at 17,748. In addition, Governing Global Health was rated 1.6 stars out of 5, based off of forty reviewers as of Wednesday afternoon.

One Amazon customer known as Mr. Mojangles claims that Chelsea's latest release is, "As superficial and boring as its author, who has received a free ride her entire life."

Another Amazon customer said he/she was, "Displeased with overall message. Really didn't come across as my expectations."

Hillary Clinton's most recent book did not fare well in sales either. Hillary co-authored book with her 2016 presidential election running-mate Sen. Tim Kane (D., Va.) titled, Stronger Together: A Blueprint for America's Future.

Stronger Together was described as a flop, selling less than 3,000 copies in its first week. As of mid-February, Stronger together ranks #89,681 overall in Amazon's Best Sellers Rank.

The top customer review by Amy Sterling Casil claims, "This book begins well. The first sentence says, ‘America is great because America is good.' It goes downhill from there."

Chelsea, who has also authored a children's book titled It's Your World, has done little to promote her new book with Sridhar besides a few tweets.

Chelsea recently announced a book tour starting in April for It's Your World, but it is unclear if she will announce a book tour for her Governing Global Health.

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Mainstream media keeps trying to make the Clintons happen. It's not going to happen. Give it up!
meriana
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM

They were maybe counting on their name to catapult their books to the best-seller list? Personally I have no interest in reading a book by Hillary as I really couldn't get all the way through her first one. I also have no interest in reading Chlesea's ideas about global health. Having a lot of money and a surname everyone recognizes does not make one a good author

CraziestTexan39
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this
My big question is Why are you so practically obsessed with anything Clinton related?
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm not surprised a book on global health isn't going to rise to the top of the best seller list no matter who the author is.

In addition, your source can't even manage to spellcheck their article and seemingly cherry picked which reviews to highlight. Is this where I toss out the "typical conservatards" insult and disregard the whole article as would be done if the partisan roles were reversed?
ILive4This
by Robin on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Madeleine Weast has the nerve to knock anybody's writing.

Quoting Luvnlogic: I'm not surprised book on global health is going to rise to the top of the best seller list no matter who the author is. In addition, your source can't even manage to spellcheck their article and seemingly cherry picked which reviews to highlight. Is this where I toss out the "typical conservatards" insult and disregard the whole article as would be done if the partisan roles were reversed?

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Free Beacon needs to employ new copy editors.  

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:49 AM

They are doing all they can to distract from the crisis in the White House that they elected.  

Quoting CraziestTexan39: My big question is Why are you so practically obsessed with anything Clinton related?

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:56 AM
3 moms liked this

The only people that seem to be trying to talk about the Clintons are conservative rags.  

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Mainstream media keeps trying to make the Clintons happen. It's not going to happen. Give it up!

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm laughing at the author's use of Amazon reviews.  Amazon has a way to sort by confirmed purchases and only one review has a confirmed purchase.  

There is nothing to support that the other reviewers actually read the book and aren't trolling.    

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Feb. 16, 2017 at 10:04 AM
I guess they didn't check the reviews on Ivanka's shoes for a heads up

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I'm laughing at the author's use of Amazon reviews.  Amazon has a way to sort by confirmed purchases and the only confirmed purchase and only one review has a confirmed purchase.  

There is nothing to support that the other reviewers actually read the book and aren't trolling.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)