Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Houston area hospital on lockdown

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
Shots fired. Can someone throw up a link?
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:59 PM

http://myfox8.com/2017/02/21/active-shooter-reported-at-houston-hospital/

Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Active shooter reported at Houston hospital

hospital

HOUSTON, Texas — Police are responding to an active shooter situation at a hospital in Houston.

Shots were reportedly fired at Ben Taub Hospital, which is located in Houston within the Texas Medical Center.

Patients could be seen being evacuated from the hospital, which was reportedly on lockdown.

More than 200 police officers have responded to the scene, some with assault rifles, according to KTRK.

Houston Police report that they are searching the hospital. No reports of injuries at this time.

Watch live video feed here.

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:07 PM
3 moms liked this
So scary! When I was a newborn my mother, who was a hospital administrator, fired some guy for doing drugs on the job. The next day he showed with a gun, thankfully not during her shift. He shot and killed her boss and was supposedly running up and down the hallways screaming my mom's name. He actually got away and they had to surround my house with cops until he was captured. Thankfully they got him. On a different occasion a man showed up with a gun to the hospital searching for his wife who was in the hospital from a beating he gave her. He showed up to kill her and thankfully my mom was able to talk him down. My point being unfortunately these things are not as rare as they should be at hospitals.
algorithmnation
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM

http://abc13.com/1765789/

ABC13 is posting pics on facebook of hospital staff taking patients out of the hospital. There are livestreams at the above link.

algorithmnation
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM

HPD Chief is saying that there was no evidence of an active shooter, nor any evidence of anyone with a gun.

4ofSpades
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Someone heard a noise that sounded like a gun and a code white was called. Thats all I know.

I forgot to add that it was extra creepy because a local school was delivering artwork to patients.

cgd5112
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Sadly, this is true. Here at Brigham and Women's hospital ,a patients's son shot and killed a cardiologist then shot himself bc he felt the md didn't do enough to save his mother.

I hope no is hurt in Houston.

Quoting trippyhippy: So scary! When I was a newborn my mother, who was a hospital administrator, fired some guy for doing drugs on the job. The next day he showed with a gun, thankfully not during her shift. He shot and killed her boss and was supposedly running up and down the hallways screaming my mom's name. He actually got away and they had to surround my house with cops until he was captured. Thankfully they got him. On a different occasion a man showed up with a gun to the hospital searching for his wife who was in the hospital from a beating he gave her. He showed up to kill her and thankfully my mom was able to talk him down. My point being unfortunately these things are not as rare as they should be at hospitals.
CraziestTexan39
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:55 PM
Holy fucking hell. I hope there are no serious injuries or any fatalities.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)