Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh My...Telling It Like It Is

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Late Friday night, CNN host Fareed Zakaria had some complaints about President Trump that revolved around one word in particular.

Appearing beside host Don Lemon on CNN Tonight in a discussion about the president's unsubstantiated claims that President Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the election, a frustrated Zakaria said Trump is “indifferent” to the truth before launching into a profanity-laced comment about the commander-in-chief. 

“He’s spent his whole life bulls———. He’s succeeded by bulls———. He has gotten the presidency by bulls———,” Zakaria said, uncensored. “It’s very hard to tell somebody at that point that bulls— doesn’t work, because look at the results, right?”....

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Trump should love others "telling it like it is" right...?

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
If the bullshit fits...!
anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:22 AM

I mean, it's the truth and I find the worth "bullshit" to be pretty mild.  

MrsBieg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure  how "bullshitting" evolved into the verb that it has, but it is EXACTLY the correct verb to use when describing the specific form of lying behavior that Trump displays.  It's random, excessive, copious, foul, and appears to be a necessary function sustaining his existence.  Like, he'd drop dead if he somehow was forced to stop doing it.

And it's a sad commentary on the rest of us that it works so well for him.  

Don't text and drive.  

PPCLC
by Lisa on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Trump was voted in partly due to his voters liking his "tell it like it is" demeanor. They were clearly duped by the man though let's be honest here---many presidents have also played the BS game while campaigning. They're called "pie crust promises." Easily made and easily broken.

Time is really going to begin to tell, if it hasn't already, that Trump will be another one term president.

As for Zakaria and his comments, it's the truth.

lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:41 AM
It is endlessly amusing that suddenly telling it like it is no longer applies when speaking out against the current administration.
romalove
by Roma on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM
4 moms liked this

Trump was voted in, in great part IMO, because he doesn't speak like an educated, ivory tower, golden plated living billionaire.  He speaks like they speak, in a manner that they can relate to.  It's what allows them to look at someone who's as far away from them as could possibly be to think, he's just like me, he understand me, he would never hurt me.

It's not just about "telling it like it is".  It's about venting a frustration that our leaders don't generally speak plainly like "we" do, that our leaders spout pretty words and then behave politically doing what is best for them and their reelection efforts, it's about venting frustration over a changing America and not liking that it's changing away from many people, it's about venting frustration over not being able to say things and feel things without being told they are "wrong" to feel or say them and bigoted and/or racist if they do.  It's about feeling that the country they know as a majority white Christian country with attendant values is changing as it's population changes.

And since the majority of those population changes and value changes are happening on those coasts and in big cities and not in the heartland and vast spaces between, there's a disenfranchisement that occurred.

Trump told those people he got it and would fix it and would make it just the way they like it, with lots of factory jobs and opening coal mines and doing away with regulation so those jobs would come flooding back and they would have money doing what they were used to doing, and that we'd all be saying Merry Christmas again (as if that stopped), which told them he was going to preserve their Christian values in an America that seems to have moved away from them.

That's why 45 won.  He lied to get his way.  He fooled people who were ripe for the fooling.

And we are all, including those people, going to suffer "bigly" for that mistake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)