Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO..... why didn't Trump shake Merkel's hand?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM
  • 113 Replies
2 moms liked this
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM
4 moms liked this

It was definately a meeting to be studied.  I just replied to another post with a link.   He was going on about wire tapping during the meeting and she looked at him like he had 3 heads.  

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-germany-idUSKBN16O0FM

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM
He did... He probably thought you only shook hands once.
anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM

So, we all know he's an ass.  

But, I think this is a bit of the press trying to set him up.  We know he's incapable of a normal hand shake from a seated position.  It's completely impossible for him.  

When she arrived at the WH, he shook her hand when he greeted her.  (No, still wasn't nearly as warm as Bush or Obama, no question about that.)

So, later -- he's trying to avoid the handshake again -- because I'd bet people have told him to avoid it because he looks like an even bigger ass when he does that aggressive handshake/pull thing -- with a female leader.  

So, it's almost as if they are mocking him, "can we get a handshake??"  

And I'd bet Merkle is mocking him a little too (who wouldn't?!?!) like -- "seriously dude? You're the President and can't handle a handshake?"  

But I also don't think it's quite the insult they are trying to make it out to be.  It's just his standard ego getting in the way of life as we all know it-- again.  

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:20 AM

I didn't see anything about him shaking hands once he was in the room sitting -- I only saw him greeting her and shaking hands with her.  

Quoting Reading.Rainbow: He did... He probably thought you only shook hands once.

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:23 AM
They shook hands at the podiums, I assume the thought that was it for the hand shaking...
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/donald-trump-angela-merkel-key-white-house-talks-170317182952704.html

Quoting anxiousschk:

I didn't see anything about him shaking hands once he was in the room sitting -- I only saw him greeting her and shaking hands with her.  

Quoting Reading.Rainbow: He did... He probably thought you only shook hands once.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I think making them shake hands in a seated postition for the press is stupid.
Almost every politician looks uncomfortable doing it for cameras.
It's dumb. If they already greeted with a handshake that should be it.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Okay, thanks!! I guess there's no THERE there!! Moving on......

Quoting anxiousschk:

So, we all know he's an ass.  

But, I think this is a bit of the press trying to set him up.  We know he's incapable of a normal hand shake from a seated position.  It's completely impossible for him.  

When she arrived at the WH, he shook her hand when he greeted her.  (No, still wasn't nearly as warm as Bush or Obama, no question about that.)

So, later -- he's trying to avoid the handshake again -- because I'd bet people have told him to avoid it because he looks like an even bigger ass when he does that aggressive handshake/pull thing -- with a female leader.  

So, it's almost as if they are mocking him, "can we get a handshake??"  

And I'd bet Merkle is mocking him a little too (who wouldn't?!?!) like -- "seriously dude? You're the President and can't handle a handshake?"  

But I also don't think it's quite the insult they are trying to make it out to be.  It's just his standard ego getting in the way of life as we all know it-- again.  

lenashark
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM
6 moms liked this
He's an asshole, is that news?
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
She even asked

Quoting billsfan1104: I think making them shake hands in a seated postition for the press is stupid.
Almost every politician looks uncomfortable doing it for cameras.
It's dumb. If they already greeted with a handshake that should be it.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Isn''t he supposedly a germaphobe? I would think that would make hand shaking very uncomfortable for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)