Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just dropping in to give an update.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
  • 83 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hey all. I have been posting on MC and find I have time for one post. I wanted to give an update.

I have hospice coming in every 3 days and that will most likely be up to every day soon. He can't move much. I have to help him with everything. He doesn't eat. But he is constantly thirsty. That worries me because he drinks a lot but his urine is still concentrated, he sweats though.

Here's not here much. If he isn't sleeping he isn't coherent. He has moments of anxiety as well as PTSD flashbacks. But I do get moments where he is his kind self. I have video of him and DD together. He is saying something to her and kind of plays with her nose. She was so happy :). DD is doing well with it all. She admits that sometimes it's hard to think of but she knows it's ok to be sad. She knows she can talk to me. We talk often, cuddled together on her bed.

His parents agreed that respite will be necessary. His mom realized how tired I'm getting. She said that she is proud of me for doing what I am doing for him. She told me that I have to take care of myself as well so I can be there for him. She's been very supportive. His dad, he is quiet and does little things around the house. Today he brought out a bird feeder for the back porch so Daniel can see the birds. He also walked to three very special places. Places Daniel grew up around. His dad brought him rocks from those three special places. Daniel was able to smell the earth of the places he loves the most.

I'm crying right now. I let myself cry when I feel it coming. I let all my emotions come and go as they please. And I keep telling myself that when I look back on this I will say I don't regret anything. I have one very special moment to hold onto. He was his wonderful self one night and we cuddled together to watch the premier of samurai jack. It was a wonderful moment.

So all in all things are as good as can be expected here. I've been very happy to see the support we are getting.
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andreamarie
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs.
romalove
by Roma on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:55 PM
4 moms liked this

Being a caretaker to someone so ill is incredibly difficult.  You're amazing.  Sending hugs and wishes for peace for all of you.

MikeysMom22
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the update. So glad the rest of the family is so supportive also. 

God's blessings to all of you, and yes, hold onto those wonder times when they happen.

Hope those become part of the beautiful memories that you will always have after he passes away.

bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:02 AM

you are such a sweet soul - hugs to you - I'm glad youre getting respite care - you need to be able to take care of yourself too.  Blues, I would hug you if I could

SunFlower700
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM

hugs

jpickens
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Hugs to you and your beautiful family.
MarriedMyPrince
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:18 AM
I don't know the pain and feelings that come and go with taking care of a sick husband. I've been reading each post you make for a long while now. My heart aches when I read your updates. Your such a special soul. Your husband is incredibly blessed to have you as his wife. Your such a strong woman for your kids,husband and yourself, even when you cry. You both have been on my mind and in my nightly prayers for a while now. I hope you continue to get those special moments here and there, where he is more aware of you and how he feels for you, before he passes away. I hope you have your support system on stand by. We will continue to be here for you on cafe mom.
RaverLady
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:24 AM

Good luck with every moment.  We are here for you.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:28 AM
🤗💕. Hang in there kid❗️
Elkamelka
by KayGee on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)