Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supporters ready for President Trump Rally as Freedom Hall prepares

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:31 AM
  • 200 Replies
3 moms liked this

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34949865/supporters-ready-for-president-trump-rally-as-freedom-hall-prepares

E, Ky (WDRB) - President Trump will make his first stop in Louisville Monday night as president and preparations are underway at Freedom Hall.

Sunday thousands of dancers, part of a national competition, packed Freedom Hall just a day before the president’s arrival.

Secret Service did a security walk-through Saturday, which delayed some dancers from competing.

“I found out yesterday because our cheer competition got delayed an hour because of something they were doing to get ready for Trump,” said Sylvia Brookshire, who has a daughter competing at Freedom Hall.

Not far from the Hall, Trump supporters set up a mobile shop selling t-shirts, pins, buttons, and life-size cardboard cut-outs of the president.

“It doesn’t matter where he is. If he goes where ever we will follow him,” says Holly Allison, who travels the country supporting the president.

Neither the president’s campaign representatives or Freedom Hall are saying how many tickets have been reserved in the 15,000 seat arena but they have set ground rules.

No handmade signs or professional cameras, selfie sticks or backpacks allowed inside.

Monday will be the first time Trey Kennedy will see the Commander in Chief with that title; having attended many campaigns events over the last year.

“I am excited because it shows Louisville is on the political map and actually shows that Kentucky as a state is important to the Trump administration and to national politics,” Kennedy said. “I mean it’s the President of the United States ... whether you agree with him or disagree with him it is definitely something to come out and see.”

Doors open to the public at 4:30 p.m. and the president is scheduled to speak around 7:30 p.m

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:51 AM
10 moms liked this
"... travels the country supporting the President...."

That's not weird at all.
Lisa1273
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

They didn't say how old the woman was, but perhaps she's an active retiree with time on her hands.  Sort of like fans that follow bands, etc.

- I read your response & all I can think of is your reaction to the snake in the garden!  LOL

Quoting LauraKW: "... travels the country supporting the President...." That's not weird at all.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That's weird...
meriana
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess no professional cameras allowed means the press is excluded? This event is being called a rally so I suppose this is just one of what will be more rallies as he campaigns for 2020.

Lisa1273
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you're right,  He has no confidence in the press & to be honest, I don't blame him.

Quoting meriana:

I guess no professional cameras allowed means the press is excluded? This event is being called a rally so I suppose this is just one of what will be more rallies as he campaigns for 2020.

meriana
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Lisa1273:

I think you're right,  He has no confidence in the press & to be honest, I don't blame him.

Quoting meriana:

Granted the press can be vicious and does have the power/influence to mislead people, which has been known to happen, however if the majority of the press is excluded and only that which is favorable to him is allowed, then we have a very serious problem. We need to be watchful so that the Gov. doesn't and isn't able to end up controlling the press

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM
5 moms liked this

This is weird but the women walking in vaginas is not. Ok

Hottmomma607
by NOLA T. on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
She must got a lot of time on her hands? LOL 😅😂

Quoting LauraKW: "... travels the country supporting the President...."

That's not weird at all.
owl0210
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM
15 moms liked this
Why is that imbecile having a rally?? My god he is still in campaign mode even after winning the Presidency. It just goes to show that he does these rallies in order to get his ego stroked by his base. Pathetic.
hotspice58
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM
6 moms liked this

Why is he holding rallies?  Shouldn't he be running the country... like he was elected to do... Can you imagine of President Obama had done this so early on his administration?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)