Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should Gorsuch be considered for the Supreme Court while the legitimacy of the Trump presidency is in question?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 4:48 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hearings begin tomorrow on Trump’s nominee Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court.

If Democrats were smart, they wouldn’t focus on Gorsuch’s credentials or views. Instead, they’d focus on Trump, and remind America that:

1. President Obama nominated an excellent justice, Merrick Garland, But Senate Republicans wouldn’t even consider Garland because, they said, Obama had no legitimate basis for making such a nomination because he was in the last year of office.

2. Gorsuch has been nominated by a president whose legitimacy in nominating a Supreme Court justice is far more questionable than Obama’s.

3. At least count, 4 different congressional committees are investigating whether Trump or his campaign aides conspired with Russian operatives to get him elected president. The FBI, CIA, and National Security Agency are also investigating. The ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee says circumstantial evidence already links Trump aids to the Russian operatives.

4. Trump’s legitimacy is also under question because he is taking money from foreign governments, in violation of the "emoluments clause" of the Constitution; he won’t release his tax returns, and several courts have already found him to be acting unconstitutionally in creating a religious test for entry into the United States.

I don't think Gorsuch should be considered for the Supreme Court until the cloud of illegitimacy hanging over the Trump presidency is removed.

by Robert Reich

What do you think?

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
No he shouldn't but if Pence becomes the next President his pick won't be any better I'm sure.
Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM
Its all over the news now. Here's a bump
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:05 PM
Lmao.
btamilee2750
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Today was my day off.....I actually watched what Neil Gorsuch had to say.  So far.....I am liking him.  Will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)