Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Russia and Iran say US crossed red lines with missile strikes

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:29 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Eva.Destruction
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this
That's just diplomacy and scare tactics.
The scary part is Trump is dumb enough to fall for it and escalate the whole thing to Iraqi/WMD status and drag us into another useless war in Syria. China, Iran, and NK aren't doing anything, but Russia will probably goad Syria into fighting us just to see how far we'll go.
I don't think Trump has the intelligence to pull this off without conflict, like Obama would. But let's hope he's listening to his (smart) defense people.
UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:42 PM

Trump may well gain popularity with his base and even some others by going the military action route.

However, if Russia let Syria use the S-400 missiles they've installed for defense, Trump would see his base losing sympathy with his decisions as planes are shot down every sortie.

Quoting Eva.Destruction: That's just diplomacy and scare tactics. The scary part is Trump is dumb enough to fall for it and escalate the whole thing to Iraqi/WMD status and drag us into another useless war in Syria. China, Iran, and NK aren't doing anything, but Russia will probably goad Syria into fighting us just to see how far we'll go. I don't think Trump has the intelligence to pull this off without conflict, like Obama would. But let's hope he's listening to his (smart) defense people.

niceandhappy
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Really? Our biggest enemies (I'm sure North Korea weighed in in a like manner). What did you expect them to say? Not exactly breaking news or unexpected! But as horrible as those regimes are, can't pass up an opportunity to try to add to the Trump criticism? tsk tsk 

SuG4
by Firestarter on Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:48 PM
I think it's all BS frankly! Just for show.

Quoting niceandhappy:

Really? Our biggest enemies (I'm sure North Korea weighed in in a like manner). What did you expect them to say? Not exactly breaking news or unexpected! But as horrible as those regimes are, can't pass up an opportunity to try to add to the Trump criticism? tsk tsk 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)