Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Woman Accused Hannity Of Sexual Harassment. Within 48 Hours, She Changed Her Tune.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:46 PM
  • 1 Replies

On Friday, Debbie Schlussel, a columnist who used to be a far more credible voice in conservative circles, accused Fox News host Sean Hannity of sexual harassment while appearing on an Oklahoma radio show. She said, “He had some event at a bookstore where he signed his book for people standing in line. He asked me to come meet him at this book signing. So I met him there and it was very awkward. He had me up there with him while he signed books and I felt very weird. These people don’t really know me and they didn’t come for me to sign their books. Then I left to get ready for the show, and he said, ‘Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel?’ and I said no, I have to get ready for the show.” She then alleged that Hannity tried to “get me to go back with him to the hotel after the show,” and then wasn’t invited on Hannity’s show in the future after she refused.

Hannity immediately fired back:

LET ME BE CLEAR THE COMMENTS ABOUT ME ON A RADIO SHOW THIS WEEK by this individual ARE 100 percent false and a complete fabrication. This individual is a serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade. The individual has a history of making provably false statements against me in an effort to slander, smear and besmirch my reputation. The individual has not just slandered me over the years but many people who this individual disagrees with. This individual desperately seeks attention by any means necessary, including making unfounded personal attacks and using indefensible and outrageous political rhetoric.

Within 24 hours of these news reports breaking, Schlussel walked back her accusations. She said, “I would never accuse him of [sexual harassment]. Sexual harassment has a special meaning under the law, and I would never accuse him of that… I never thought I was sexually harassed by Sean Hannity. I thought he was was weird and creepy and not someone I liked.” She threatened to countersue Hannity for defamation based on him calling her a “serial harasser.”

It’s no shock to see Schlussel back off. Hannity has no reputation for this sort of behavior. In fact, whatever our political disagreements, Sean is not only a generous person and a loyal friend, he’s also known in the industry for his respect toward women. He has acted as a career father figure for one of my close friends, Elisha Krauss, whom he trained as a producer on his radio show and who went on to co-host a morning show with me in Los Angeles. He’s unfailingly gracious.

In other words, this accusation simply wasn’t credible.

It wasn’t credible for two other reasons beyond Hannity’s well-earned reputation: Schlussel has a history of making bizarre accusations, and there are no other parallel accusations. Unlike with Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly and Donald Trump, who were hit with a tsunami of allegations regarding sexual harassment, this was the lone example of anybody targeting Hannity. There have been no follow-ups. Yet the media jumped on the story with alacrity anyway.

That’s because we now live in an environment where everyone is looking for the political kill shot. It doesn’t have to be credible. It just has to work. We should take accusations of sexual harassment absolutely seriously, of course. But we should also remember that accusations aren’t proof, and single accusations are generally less credible than a bevy of such accusations. Accusers should be respected – but those who are accused have rights, too, and they have a deep stake in the reputations they have crafted over a lifetime. 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15675/woman-accused-hannity-sexual-harassment-within-48-ben-shapiro?utm_source=shapironewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=042017-news-title&utm_campaign=two
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
hotspice58
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:19 AM
Wonder how much money changed hands...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)