Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CSN&Y Reunite Over Their Hatred for Trump??

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/crosby-stills-nash-young-reunion-trump-1202391326/

Crosby Stills Nash and Young

Musician Graham Nash has been very vocal in the last two years about his anger with bandmate David Crosby over a series of personal clashes, so much so that fans of 1960s supergroup Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young had all but given up hope of a reunion. However, Nash now says that an even greater disdain for President Donald Trump and the current administration could change that.

“Here’s how I feel about it: I believe that the issues that are keeping us apart pale in comparison to the good that we can do if we get out there and start talking about what’s happening,” Nash says of a possible CSNY reunion. “So I’d be totally up for it even though I’m not talking to David and neither is Neil. But I think that we’re smart people in the end and I think we realize the good that we can do.”

Indeed, the group known for such politically provocative songs as “Ohio” (a response to the 1970 shootings of students protesting the Vietnam War at Kent State University) and, more recently, “Almost Gone (The Ballad of Bradley Manning)” (addressing U.S. soldier  Chelsea Manning’s trial for espionage in 2013), have long been a powerful voice for change in popular culture. Click link for more.....

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILive4This
by Robin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I love them, and have seen them, but would love to take my kids.

They must REALLY dislike Trump, b/c they are really pissed at David, so to overlook that... And I'd be really interested to see if Neil signed on, b/c he said he never would. He loves Stephen though.

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:06 PM

This would definitely be interesting.  I wonder if their voices have held out.  More importantly, being a nosy nelly, I wonder why they are so angry at Crosby!

Seafaith
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Love CSN&Y. Went to 3 of their shows. They pop up on my Pandora favorites all the time. Would really like for them to get back together. I'd for sure pay to see them again.

ILive4This
by Robin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

David Crosby is an asshole. I heard him on Stern a couple years ago, and I was upset that I ended up not liking him. I know he's always been a handful for the band. Something about David sending crappy emails to Graham. Here's my favorite song (Stephen wrote if for Judy Collins), from a couple years ago. I think they sounded good still 

Quoting Elkamelka:

This would definitely be interesting.  I wonder if their voices have held out.  More importantly, being a nosy nelly, I wonder why they are so angry at Crosby!

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM

Maybe they will get drunk in the hotel room and off each other.

ILive4This
by Robin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, hello, sunshine!

Quoting Billiejeens:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It could happen!

They do not like each other.

Quoting ILive4This:

Well, hello, sunshine!

Quoting Billiejeens:

ILive4This
by Robin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM

Except the only drinker is Stephen,  and hopefully he's quit since I last read anything about it. They love each other, they're just pissed at David.  Also, these guys are the antithesis of violence. You ever heard their songs???

Quoting Billiejeens:

It could happen!

Quoting ILive4This:

Well, hello, sunshine!

Quoting Billiejeens:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Si'

Quoting ILive4This:

Except the only drinker is Stephen,  and hopefully he's quit since I last read anything about it. They love each other, they're just pissed at David.  Also, these guys are the antithesis of violence. You ever heard their songs???

Quoting Billiejeens:

It could happen!

Quoting ILive4This:

Well, hello, sunshine!

Quoting Billiejeens:

ILive4This
by Robin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Phew, I couldn't imagine.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Si'

Quoting ILive4This:

Quoting Billiejeens:

It could happen!

Quoting ILive4This:

Well, hello, sunshine!

Quoting Billiejeens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)