Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exercise your power as a constituent

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 6:36 AM
  • 9 Replies

Don't just complain on CafeMom. The House Judiciary Committee has to launch any impeachment process. If you live in the districts of any of the Republican members and believe that the President must be held accountable, please contact your representative. If you don't live in those districts and want to be heard, here is a campaign for citizens to fund billboards in the districts of these elected officials. A similar billboard "Why won't Chaffetz investigate the Trump-Russian connection?" may have influenced Utah Representative Jason Chaffetz to resign his job early. [For those who think that Trump is doing a great job, you could also call with support for your elected officials.]

Chairman Bob Goodlatte (Virginia)

Jim Sensenbrenner (Wisconsin)

Lamar Smith (Texas)

Steve Chabot (Ohio)

Darrell Issa (California)

Steve King (Iowa)

Trent Franks (Arizona)

Louie Goumert (Texas)

Jim Jordan (Ohio)

Ted Poe (Texas)

Jason Chaffetz (Utah)

Tom Marino (Pennsylvania)

Trey Gowdy (South Carolina)

Raul Labrador (Idaho)

Blake Farenthold (Texas)

Doug Collins (Georgia)

Ron DeSantis (Florida)

Ken Buck (Colorado)

John Ratcliffe (Texas)

Martha Roby (Alabama)

Matt Gaetz (Florida)

Mike Johnson (Louisiana)

Andy Biggs (Arizona)

by on May. 16, 2017 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tsatske2
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

For every president since Clinton, there has been a rush to impeach right after the election. I did not vote for this man, but he was elected. I'm sick of the impeachment trend. The people get to choose the president, period. If I don't like the job he does, I won't vote for him next time. This is not what impeachment was intended for. 

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I won't. These are allegations with no ounce of proof brought on by a media outlet that hates and despises Trump and will do anything to take down Trump and put our country in danger.
Verrine
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

In regular employment, such as you or I could get, the first 90 days or the first 6 months are often a probationary period. In any job, if you don't act how the employer wants, you can be fired. There is nothing that says you must keep the job for X amount of time. I've worked with people who were doing fine up until they did something completely against company interests, at which point they were fired, regardless of their previous record.

Quoting tsatske2:

For every president since Clinton, there has been a rush to impeach right after the election. I did not vote for this man, but he was elected. I'm sick of the impeachment trend. The people get to choose the president, period. If I don't like the job he does, I won't vote for him next time. This is not what impeachment was intended for. 

Verrine
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:50 AM

Neither of us nor any US media knows what was said in the Oval Office between Trump and Russian officials. However there are pictures of Trump conferring with the Japanese Prime Minister outdoors at Mar-a-Lago where they found out about the Korean missile launch. People who live in the districts I listed can prod their representatives.

Quoting billsfan1104: Nope. I won't. These are allegations with no ounce of proof brought on by a media outlet that hates and despises Trump and will do anything to take down Trump and put our country in danger.
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:07 AM
And you have no proof at all what was said then either.

Quoting Verrine:

Neither of us nor any US media knows what was said in the Oval Office between Trump and Russian officials. However there are pictures of Trump conferring with the Japanese Prime Minister outdoors at Mar-a-Lago where they found out about the Korean missile launch. People who live in the districts I listed can prod their representatives.

Quoting billsfan1104: Nope. I won't. These are allegations with no ounce of proof brought on by a media outlet that hates and despises Trump and will do anything to take down Trump and put our country in danger.
Verrine
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:13 AM

True. It might not have occurred in either case, but I think it is worrisome when classified information is discussed in unsecured locations and/or with unauthorized individuals. The President has broad power and is only bound by his own moral compass.

Quoting billsfan1104: And you have no proof at all what was said then either.
Quoting Verrine:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:59 AM

Do we also contact our representatives if we believe he is doing exactly what we sent him there to do?

I mean the reps should probably receive positive feedback too, right?

Verrine
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:33 AM

I edited my initial post. Yes, if you are in those districts and you believe that your representatives are doing a good job, then please let them know. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Do we also contact our representatives if we believe he is doing exactly what we sent him there to do?

I mean the reps should probably receive positive feedback too, right?

MrsBieg
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't want impeachment proceedings to begin yet. Once the entire Republican party is on fire, then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)